Perspective

The Marauder landed in it's usual spot. The Batch were ready for some well needed rest, but knowing Cid, they were probably not going to get a day worth of it.

"How much longer until we can stop all...this," Echo grumbled, gesturing to another exotic pet that they nearly got shot down for.

Hunter took the cage from him as they started back.

"Until we make enough to survive for a while. Like Tech said, without the Republic funding us, we're on our own," he responded.

"The mission's aren't all bad." Wrecker pushed Echo's shoulder playfully. " At least we're getting some action."

"It would be best if we didn't attract so much attention though," Tech argued.

Omega listened as each of them debated their new lives as mercenaries. She didn't mind all too much. Though sometimes it scared her, she knew it was necessary. She stopped briefly to readjust her trooper doll on her belt when a few people walked past her, entering a shop.

"Dad, why do I have to?" one of the kids complained as they entered.

"Because, I'm the parent and you're not wearing those torn up boots to school," the adult replied.

Omega tilted her head. The adult's choice in wording caught her attention. She followed the pair into the shoe store, hiding behind a rack as she tried to listen more to their conversation. She watched as the man patted his son on the back when he chose new footwear. Omega understood the gesture. The whole Batch, mostly Hunter, did the same to her whenever she did something good like hit a target or was able to sneak somewhere where they couldn't, but never something as simple as picking something out.

"I changed my mind, these are pretty cool. Thanks, Dad. You're the best!" the boy exclaimed.

"You're welcome, son. Let's go home, Mom's making dinner tonight." The man smiled down at him, placing a quick kiss on the top of his messy brown hair as they left.

Omega exited shortly after them. She wondered what it would be like to have a parents or a real home. She recalled Hunter asking where hers were when she first decided to sit with them. Of course she didn't know what he was talking about at the time, but since Saleucami and the store just then, she couldn't help but want that special connection.

"Omega!" She glanced up to see Hunter looking around wildly.

"Uh oh," she muttered. How could she have been so careless and just wandered off. After everything she had been taught, she couldn't even follow the easiest rule.

Hunter seemed to catch sight of her as he sprinted in her direction.

Omega hung her head low as he approached. She knew what she did was wrong and that he had all the right to yell at her.

"Omega, what have I said about going off by yourself?" His voice wasn't what she had expected. It was soft, but still had authority in it.

"I'm really sorry. I just got distracted," she said with regret.

Hunter sighed. "You can't get distracted by every little thing. Remember what happened on Pantora?"

Omega visibly flinched. How could she have forgotten she nearly let herself get taken away.

"I understand that you want to explore, and I promise one day you will, but not now. It's too dangerous." Hunter paused, seeing the gloomy expression on her face. No matter what she did, he couldn't bear to see her upset, "Next time, ask me or one of the others to go with you to check something out."

Omega's look changed in an instant. "I will."

Hunter grinned, patting her back. "That's what I like to hear. Come on, let's get back to Cid's."

Omega pondered the gesture again as she walked next to the long haired clone. She compared what happened in the store to the events just then. Her head was swirling with questions that she was too embarrassed to ask.

Hunter noticed how quiet the blonde girl had become, which was unusual for her.

"Are you okay, kid?" he asked, looking down at her with worry.

Omega immediately nodded. "Yeah, just...thinking."

"Wanna talk about it?" he offered.

"I-um, no it's fine," her voice became softer.

"You sure?"

Despite the obvious fact that Hunter was her brother, she noticed he didn't talk to her the way he did to the others. He talked and acted a lot like the man she had seen...But he was a father. Her mind tossed around the idea more and more. Was Hunter like a father to her? He sure treated her like he was. After leaving Cut and Suu, his whole attitude changed. Maybe it was all in her head, but a feeling was telling her she was right.

"Omega?" Hunter's voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

"I'm sure," she chirped, which was enough for him to drop the subject.

Omega felt a small smile on her lips as she grabbed a hold of his gloved hand. Whatever he was to her, she hoped it never changed.