Chapter Seven

"Erica, do you copy?" Robin asked through the walkie talkie

"Mh-hmm I copy. You nerds in position or what?" Erica replied on as she put on her helmet.

"Yeah, we're in position. It's all quiet here, so you've got the green light" Robin says.

"Gree light, Roger that. Commence operation child endangerment" she mumbles.

"Can we maybe not call it that?".

"See you on the other side. Nerds" Erica says as she begins to climb through the air ducts.

"All right nerds. I'm there" she says.

"Oh god," Anna mumbled under her breath.

"Do you see anything?" Robin asked.

"Yeah I see those boring boxes you're so excited about" Erica replied.

"Any guards?" Robin asked. "Negative".

"Booby traps?".

"If I could see them they would be pretty shit trap. Wouldn't they?" Erica asked.

"Thank you for that".

"I'm in" Erica mumbled.

The door opened revealing Erica.

"Holy shit she did it and she's still alive" Anna mumbled.

Everyone of the roof smiled. "Free ice cream for life!" Erica yelled as everyone ran over to the door.

———

Steve opened a box. "That's definitely not Chinese food". "Uh, maybe you guys should stand back" Steve mumbled.

All three of the girls stepped back and Dustin stood next to Steve.

"Just step back, okay?" He asked and pushed Dustin away a little.

"No! If you die! I die!" He yelled.

"Okay" Steve mumbled an continued to see what was in the box.

"What the hell" Dustin mumbled when Steve pulled out a tube of some green substance.

The room started to shake and Robin grabbed onto Anna's hand.

"Is it just me or did the room just shake?" Dustin asked.

"It was not just you" Anna replied. "Booby traps" Erica added.

The room shook again. "You know what let's just take this and leave" Robin said as she took the substance from Steve and put it in Erica's bag.

Dustin started to press the button it didn't work. "Uh, which one do I press Erica?" He asked sounding stressed.

"Just press the damn button, nerd" she replied.

"I'm trying to press the button but it's not working!" Dustin replied.

"Just press open door!".

"I'm pressing open door!" he yelled back.

"Dustin just press the button!" Anna yelled.

"That's what I'm doing!" he yelled back.

Steve pushed Dustin out of the way and started pressing buttons.

Then everyone when silent as they watched a new set of doors appeared. And the lights turned off.

The room started falling. Everyone started screaming.

"We're going down!" Steve yelled.

"Yeah, no shit Harrington!" Robin replied.

"Shit! Shit! Shit" Dustin repeated.

"Why don't the buttons work!" he screamed as Erica ran over to him and they started fighting over the buttons.

When the room came to a stop everyone fell. Anna and Robin fell on top of each other, and a bunch of boxes fell on Steve.

"My groin. It fell on my groin. Dustin! Get this off of me!" Steve yelled as Dustin lifted the box off of him.

"Are you ok?" Robin asked Anna and then helped her up. "Yeah" she mumbled quietly and nodded.

"Is everyone else ok?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm great, now that I know that Russians can't design elevators!" Steve yelled and then tried using the buttons again.

"I think we established that those buttons don't work," Robin said.

"They're buttons. They have to do something".

"If we had a keycard".

"What?".

"It's an electronic lock. Which means we can't open it unless we use a keycard".

"So we're stuck in here" Anna mumbles.

"Exactly" Robin replies.

"Just so you nerds are aware I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's and Tina always cover for me but if I'm not back home for uncle Jacks party tomorrow and my mom finds out you four were responsible she's going to hunt you down one by one and slit your throats" Erica yells.

"I don't care about Tina or uncle Jack's party your mom's not going to find us if we're dead in a Russian elevator!" Steve yelled back.

Erica rolled her eyes and tried to accept the fact she just lost an argument.

"What if we climbed out?" Dustin asked and pointed to the ceiling.

———

"So Dustin told me you like someone," Steve says.

Robin quickly turns her head and pays attention to their conversation.

"Dustin you told him!" she yelled. "I didn't say who, I just told him you liked someone," he said.

"Wait Dustin you know who it is?" Steve asked. "I found out last night," he said.

"Well does he have better hair than me?" Steve asked.

She laughed "yeah, they do," she said.

"She is lying because one has better hair than me" he replied sounding a little offended. "Can you at least describe him?" Steve asked.

"Uh, they are smart. Pretty, and I love them" she said.

"Wow you love them, that got intense" he mumbled.

————

They all fell asleep except for Robin and Anna. Her head was on her shoulder as the two tried to fall asleep.

"You said they a lot" Robin mumbled quietly.

"What's wrong with it?" Anna replied.

"Nothing is wrong with it I'm just asking if it's a girl who you were talking about?" she asked.

"How did you-".

"That's how I explained my first crush to my friends. I'm lesbian" Robin replied.

"Really?" Anna asked.

"Yep, you're the only person I have come out to".

"Same, however, Dustin also knows because I told him last night".