Chapter Twenty-Two

Steve and Nancy's car pulls up in front of the house. Everyone stands in front of it, admiring out creepy and abandoned it looks.

"Yeah, that's not creepy"

Steve and Nancy peel the nails out of the wood plank blocking the door. "What exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?"

"We're not sure. We just know this house is important to Venca" Nancy replies. "Because Max saw it in Vecna's red soup mind world?" Steve asks. "Basically"

"Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is. Why he's back. Why he killed the Creels and how to stop him before comes back for Max" Dustin suggests.

"We don't think he's in here, do we?" Lucas asks. "Guess we'll find out"

The wood plank falls down and the door is revealed to everyone. Steve reaches to unlock it but of course, it's locked. "It's locked"

"Did you really think it was going to be unlocked?" Anna mumbles. "Should I knock? See if anyone's home?"

"No need. I found a key" Robin mutters as she holds a brick and chucks it threw the door. "Looks like someone forgot to pay their electric bill" Lucas mocks after attempting to turn on the lights.

Everyone pulls out their flashlights and looks around the hallway. "Where did everyone get those?" Steve asks. "Do you need to be told everything? You're not a child" Dustin mocks before handing him his bag. "Back pocket"

"They just left everything"

"I Guess a triple homicide isn't good for resale value"

"Hey, guys?" Max asks and everyone walks over to her. "You all see that right?" she asks, pointing her flashlight to the grandfather clock. "Yeah"

"Is this what you saw? In your visions?" Nancy asks. She nods. "I mean, it's just a clock. Right?" Robin asks before walking towards it and wiping the dust off. "Like a normal old clock"

"Why is this wizard obsessed with clocks? Maybe he's like, a clockmaker or something?" Steve suggested. "I think you cracked the case Steve" Dustin mocked.

"Did the clock chime or make any noises in your vision thing?" Anna asks Max. She nods. "Maybe when the clock stops or ends. So do you"

"You watch too many horror movies, I like my clockmaker theory better" Steve mumbled. "All I know is, the answer is here somewhere. Okay everyone get into groups. Robin, Anna. Upstairs"

And obviously, Max went with Lucas, which left Dustin and Steve. "Was that a sigh?"

"No, I did not sigh"

"Why did you sigh?"

"I didn't sigh, just come on dude"

"Or are you just mad you're not helping Nancy?" he mocks. "No, I'm not mad, come on"

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

The three walk into a small bedroom which looks like a little girl's room. Most likely Alice's room.

Anna shines her flashlight around the room and flinches once she sees an old antique doll. "That's horrifying" she mumbles, Robin picks it up and stares at it. "What if it's haunted and they all come alive" Robin mocks playfully.

"No thank you, I hate dolls. Ever since my dad bought me a barbie doll when I was a kid and its head fell off"

Robin lets out a quiet laugh as the three continue searching the room. "I don't think there is anything here," Nancy says before they all hear a loud noise coming from the hallway.