Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Check it out. War zone" Eddie says as he lays a phone book on the table. "I've been there once. It's huge. It's got everything you need for, uh... well killing things, basically"

"You think fake Rambo has enough guns there? Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?" Robin asks. "I mean. This is Indianan" Anna adds.

"We'll, lucky for us it is, so... this place is just far enough outside Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and uh, angry hicks"

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the War Zone" Erica suggests.

"Normally, I'd agree, but we need the weapons. So I think it's worth the risk"

"But is it worth the time? It'll take all day to bike there and back" Dustin asked. "Who said anything about bikes?"

"You got some car we don't know about?" Steve asks. "It's not exactly a car, Steve. And it's not exactly mine but it'll do. Hey, red uh. You got a ski mask or a bandanna, something like that?" He asks.

Eddie puts on a Michael Myers mask which honestly makes him look more suspicious. Everyone quickly follows him to the trailer van and hops inside.

"Where'd you learn how to do this?" Steve asks as Eddie hot wires the car. "We'll, when the other dads were teaching their kids how to fish it play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot wire. Now, I wore to myself I wouldn't wind up as he did, but now I'm wanted for murder, and soon grand theft auto. So uh un really living up to that Munson name"

"Eddie, I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving," Robin says as she quickly runs over.

"Oh, I'm just starting this sucker. Harringtons got her. Don't ya, big boy?" Eddie mumbles with a slight smirk.

The second the engine starts the owners of the trailer start banging on the windows and doors. "Shit! Everyone hold onto something!"

"Drive Steve! Drive!" Dustin screams as everyone starts panicking. "Shit. They look pissed" he mumbled as Steve drove away from the trailer park quickly.

"Well, it's not every day you lose your house and car in one fell swoop" Robin states as everyone else screams and Eddie bangs his head to imaginary music.

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

"Here we are" Steve mumbles as he pulls up in front of 'the war zone'. Everyone left the trailer except for Lucas, Eddie and Dustin. The store was crowded with people. "So much for avoiding angry hicks"

"Let's be fast" Nancy suggests and everyone spreads out, wasting no time. Anna followed Nancy and the two looked for guns, preferably a shotgun. "What about this one?" Anna asked, she knew nothing about guns, she just pointed at three different ones and waited for Nancy to confirm if it was good or not.

"Yeah, that one's good" she mumbles as she picks it up "I can teach you how to use it if you want".

"I'm ok, shotguns are your thing" Anna mumbles. Nancy rolls her eyes with a small smile. "How much is this?" she asks. "$120.99, but I'll throw in 20 rounds of buckshot for ya"

"Hey. Can I see this real pretty 375, please?" Jason asks. Nancy and Anna both froze the second they heard his voice and tried not to make any eye contact with him. "Nancy Wheeler" he mumbles.

She puts on a fake smile and turns in his direction. "Wouldn't expect to find you here"

"Yeah, well. It's just scary times. I'm sorry about Chrissy" she mumbles. "Want my advice?" he asks as he puts his gun down and slowly walks up to the two.

"Shotguns are not good for much of anything past killing small birds. I mean, they've got power but not that much range and that's just gonna force you into close-range combat than someone could just grab it like that" he explained as he grabs the gun which makes her flinch.

"She knows how to use a gun asshole" Anna mumbles.

"Annabelle. Didn't recognize you. Is your brother here by any chance? Dustin?" he asks. She shook her head. "No, he's not"

Jason turns back over to Nancy. "What about your brother?"

"Mike?"

"Yeah. Mike. I only ask because they're in Hellfire, right?"

"I don't know what you're talking about" she replies. "Your brother and his friends are they here with you?" he asks. "No, they're not we already said that" Anna replies and gets ignored by Jason who steps closer to Nancy.

"Would you let go? Let go" she says forcefully.

He nodded but waited a few seconds before letting go of the gun and slowly walking away. "What the hell" Anna mutters as the two watch him walk away.

Steve and Robin walk over with bags of equipment. "What's wrong?" Robin asks. "Jason. Him and all of his friends are here"

"Shit" Steve mumbles before running away to get Erica and Max. "Steve! Where are you going?"

After everyone pays for everything they quickly run towards the trailer. "What's happened?" Dustin asked since they were all in a rush to leave.

"Your old friends are here," Erica tells Lucas. "Shit!"

"Come on we've to go go!"

Steve quickly gets to the front of the car and drives out of the parking lot.

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

"Your sister seems off" Eddie mumbles as he works on the shield he's making. Dustin turnaround to look at her "she always seems off. I've only seen her cry once. And it was when Dally and Johnny died in the outsiders"

"Fair enough reason" Eddie replies before quickly glancing at Anna and then back at his shield and testing it. "How's she feeling?" Dustin asks. "Light. But durable. Deadly. But durable"

"Here me now. There will be no more retreating from Eddie the banished" he says dramatically. "Hey, you're really ready for bat-tle" Dustin replies jokingly with a small giggle.

"Get it?" he asks after Eddie just stares at him. 

"Bat-tle? B-A-T. No? I thought it was a good one" he replies before dropping the shield on the ground and Eddie attacks him with a hug. "What are you doing?" 

"No wedgies! No wedgies!" 

"Never change. Dustin Henderson. Promise me?" 

"I wasn't planning on it"

"Good"

Eddie turns around and looks at Lucas and Erica. "Hey, Sinclairs! How are those spears coming along?"

Lucas smiles as he gives Eddie a thumbs up before Erica rolls her eyes at him and helps him fix his spear. 

"You know, not everything has a happy ending" Robin mumbles. "Yeah, yeah, believe me, I know" Steve replies. "I'm not talking about failed romance Steve. I just have this terrible feeling that it might not work out for us this time"

"You don't think we should do this?" Steve asks. "I think we're mad fools, the lot of us, but if we don't stop him, who will? We have to try, right?" she replies.

Anna didn't say anything. She tried not to think of losing and instead focus on winning, it worked last year and the two years before that.