Chapter Twenty-Five

Anna's arms were held tightly around her shoulders to try and stay warm. She regretted leaving her sweater on the boat before swimming into the upside down.

The five have been hiding under skull rock for about an hour as they waited for the bats to disappear.

"That was close" Robin whispered as everyone slowly walked away from the rock. Steve nearly collapsed. "Steve?"

"I'm fine" Steve replied, obviously he was not. "You're not. You're losing blood. A lot of blood" Nancy said before ripping her shirt.

"So the good news is I'm pretty sure wooziness is not a symptom of rabies. But if you start having hallucinations or mussel spasms or you start feeling aggressive, like you wanna punch me, let me know"

"Robin"

"Yeah?"

"I kinda wanna punch you" Steve mutters. Robin quietly laughs "sense of humours still intact. That's a good sign" she says before walking over to Anna.

The two girls turn around and stare at Robin and Steve. "I'm sensing some tension" Robin whispers so they don't hear them.

"Yeah... don't know what that's about" Anna replied. "It's pretty obvious somethings going on with them" Eddie replied and everyone stared at the two until Steve saw them staring.

"What are you guys going?" He asked. "Waiting for you guys" Anna replied and Eddie climbed up a rock to see if anything was in the distance.

"So, uh. This place is like Hawkins, but with monsters and nasty shit?" He asks. "Yep. Like the vale of shadows" Anna mumbles.

"And what would you know about dnd, Henderson?" Eddie asks. "Nothing really. Dustin doesn't shut up about it"

"Fair enough" As Eddie almost steps on a vine he's interrupted by Nancy "wait, watch out for the vines. It's all a hive mind"

"It's all a what?"

"All the creepy crawlers around here. They're like, one or something. Step on a vine, you're stepping on a bat, you're stepping on vecna"

"But everything from our world is still here, right? Except people?" Robin asks. "As far as I understand it, yeah"

"So, theoretically, we could go to the police station and steal guns and grenades and whatever we need to blow up those bat things that are guarding the gate"

"I highly doubt the Hawkins PD has grenades, Robin. But guns, yeah, sure" Steve replied.

"Well, we don't have to go all the way downtown for guns. I have guns in my bedroom"

"You, Nancy wheeler, have guns, plural, in your bedroom?" Eddie asks in shock. "Full of surprises, isn't she?"

"A Russian Makarov and a revolver"

"Yeah, you almost shot me with that one" Steve says as he walks closer to her. "You almost deserved it"

Eddie throws his jacket at Steve "for your modesty, dude"

The ground starts shaking and everyone falls. Robin fell on top of Anna as they both tried not to touch any vines.

"Yeah so, guns seem like a pretty good idea to me" Eddie suggests. "Yeah, me too"

"So what are we waiting for?"

Everyone quickly gets up and heads to Nancy's house.