Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Okay. I want to run through it one more time. Phase one," Nancy says as she paces around the trailer. 

"We meet Erica at the playground. She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready" Robin explains. "Yes. Phase two,"

"Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her, which will put her in his trance" Steve adds. "Phase three?"

"I and Eddie draw the bats away," Dustin says as Eddie ruffles his hair. "Phase four?"

"We head into Venca's layer, without the bats and..." Anna explained. "flambé" Robin adds. "Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what. Got it?"

"Got it" everyone replies.

Everyone quickly runs to Eddie's trailer and stands around the gate, waiting for Steve. "Be careful" Dustin mumbles. "Thanks, buddy"

Steve quickly climbs up the rope and flips around, acting like it was nothing. "What does he want us to do? Applaud?" Robin mutters sarcastically. 

One by one everyone climbed into the gate and slowly made their way in. Once everyone and all the equipment made it, they left the trailer to split into their two groups. 

"If anything happens like if things here start to go south, I mean at all, you abort. Okay? Draw attention to the bats. Keep them busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something. Okay? You guys are just-"

"Decoys. Don't worry Steve you can be the hero" Dustin interrupts. "Absolutely. I mean, look at us. We are not heroes. Hey Steve, make him pay"

Before leaving Anna quickly walked toward Dustin. "Promise you'll be careful?" she asks. Dustin rolls his eyes. "I'm serious. You need to promise me that you'll be careful. The both of you. Don't do anything stupid, exactly what Steve said"

"I promise," Dustin says as he quickly hugs her. "Anna" Steve mutters, telling her they need to leave now.

They quickly say goodbye and head off to the Creel House.

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

"I don't mean to freak anyone out, but I swear we've seen this tree before" Robin mumbles as she stands in front of a tree. "That's impossible"

"That would suck, right? If Vecna destroyed the world cause we got lost in the woods" Robin says as she walks around the tree. "We're not lost, Robin"

Robin starts walking faster. "Robin! Watch out for the vines! Hive mind. Remember?"

"Thank you!" she yelled and started running with Anna behind her trying to catch up. When she does catch up to Robin and she catches her breath she randomly blurts "I love you"

Robin gives her a confused look. "I love you too but why are you randomly blurting it because it kinda sounds like you're saying goodbye"

"I'm not saying goodbye or anything. I'm just nervous about what you said about how it might not work out this time"

"Don't be nervous about it. I'm usually wrong. Remember that time when we were in the Russian layer and I thought we were gonna die? Well no we're here and we're definitely alive"

"It's a miracle that we're both alive" Anna replies with a small laugh. "I miss the summer. Obviously not the super secret Russian base thing but everything else, everything before it. Scoops Ahoy, making fun of Steve with the whiteboard thing. I just miss summer and everything before Vecna" Anna explained.

"Me too. But look at the bright side. We're going to kill Vecna and then after we can eat ice cream at your house and watch a movie"

"Why my house?" she asks. "Because you have the better TV" Robin replies with a small grin. "And we're going to watch your favourite movie which is Labyrinth" she adds.

Anna smiles and wraps her arm around her as they continue walking. "Wait a minute, I was wrong"

"About what?"

"We were going the right way. One minute I have to tell Steve and Nancy" she says and starts running towards them, Anna follows because there is no way she's staying in the forest alone. 

"Hey, guys! Awesome news! Looks like we weren't going the wrong way after all. Come on!" 

"Slow down! Robin! Slow down!"

The noise got louder as they walked closer to the Creel house. When they made it to the house they saw the giant swarm of bats which were guarding the house and the small light on the playground. Erica.

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

"Okay, the lovebirds have copied. Max is moving into phase two: distracting Vecna" Erica yells. "So far so smooth"

"Yeah, we're not even at the hard part yet"

Nancy notices how the bats slowly fly away from the house. "Take that bait you son of a bitch. Take the bait" she mumbles.

After a few more minutes of waiting for all the bats to go away and take the bait, the four ran into the house. "Just remember to watch out for vines," Nancy says as they walk inside and the whole house was covered in vines. "Oh God"

The four slowly and carefully helped each other up the stairs without touching any vines. Everyone got their weapons ready and started walking, of course, something has to go wrong so another earthquake hit and everyone struggled to hold onto each other and not touch any vines. 

Once it finished everyone took a minute to breathe before walking upstairs to the attic. Robin looked down at her feet and got caught on a vine before getting chucked to the wall and tied up. "Anna! Steve! Nancy!" she yelled and everyone quickly tried to break the vines off of her.

It was not long before everyone got stuck on the wall and struggled to break free.