Chapter Eighteen

Steve's car pulls up on the side of the road. The area is swarmed with news reporters, journalists and police. "Wait a minute, is that Nancy?" Robin asks and everyone gets out of the car.

Steve waves to her to catch her attention. She waves back with a smile and she looks relieved.

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

"So you're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the Upside-down?" Nancy asks.

"If the shoe fits" Steve adds.

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse. Now, whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know"

"All we know is this is something different. Something knew"

"This doesn't make sense"

"It's only a theory"

"No, Fred and Chrissy don't make any sense. I mean, why them?"

"Maybe they were just in the wrong place, they were both at the game and near the trailer park"

"Were at the trailer park. Should we maybe not be here" Steve says before looking around the area. "There is something about this place, Fred started acting weird the second we got here?"

"He was scared and on edge, upset. Something was bothering him"

"Max said Chrissy was upset too," Dustin said and everyone turned to Max. "Yeah, but not here. She was crying in the bathroom at school"

"Serial Killers stalk their prey before they strike, right? So maybe Fred and Chrissy saw this Vecman"

"Vecna" Dustin corrected.

"Dunno about you guys but if I saw some freaky wizard monster, I would mention it to someone" Steve muttered.

"Maybe they did. I saw Chrissy leave Ms. Kelly's office. If you saw a monster you wouldn't go to the police, they'd never believe you. But they might go to your-"

"Your shrink" Robin added.

Everyone got up and started walking to the car. Nancy started walking away from the others which caught Steve's attention. "Nance! Where are you going?"

"Oh, there's just something I wanna check on first"

"Something you maybe wanna share with us first?" Dustin asked.

"I don't want to waste your time it's a real shot in the dark"

"Yeah, are you out of your mind? Flying solo with this Vecna creep on the lose? No, it's dangerous. You need someone to..." before Steve could finish he handed his keys to Anna. "I'll stick with Nance. You guys take the car and check out the shrink"

"Steve I'm not allowed to drive anymore"

"Why not?"

"I almost hit Dustin. Multible times"

"Ok then just get Robin to drive"

Robin shook her head. "I don't have a license," she said and Steve rolled his eyes. "Why don't you have a license?"

"I'm poor" she mumbled with a small shrug. "I can drive" Max suggested. "No! Never again! Please! Anybody but you!" Steve yelled.

Dustin pointed at himself. "No chance"

"All right this is stupid," Robin said before grabbing a walkie-talkie out of Dustin's backpack and then walking up to Nancy. Anna followed behind because she would rather go with them with her brother and Steve.