Chapter Nineteen

"Dustin? Do you copy?" Robin asks on the walkie-talkie as the three walks out of the library and towards the car.

"Yeah, I copy"

"So Nancy's a genius. Vecna's first victims date back all the way to 1959. Her shot in the dark was a bull's eye"

"Okay, that's totally bonkers but I can't really talk right now"

"What are you doing?"

"Breaking and entering a school to retrieve confidential and extremely personal files," he says quickly. "Can you repeat that?"

"Just get your ass over here, stat. We'll explain everything"

Max unlocks the door into Ms.Kelly's office and the three walk inside. Max went straight threw the files. "Holy shit" Max mumbles.

"You found it?"

"Yeah, and not just Chrissy's file. Fred was seeing Ms.Kelly to"

She pulled out both of the files and looked threw a few more, finding Anna's. "I didn't know Anna was here"

Steve came over and took the file out and started flipping threw it. "Steve, you can't just go threw someone's file"

"You do realize that's the whole point of why we're here"

They continue arguing as Max looks threw Chrissy's and Fred's files. She blanched the second she heard the noise of a clock ticking from the hallway.

She got on her feet and slowly started walking towards the noise. And it was there. A tall grandfather clock on the wall.

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

Nancy's car quickly pulled up in front of the school and everyone ran inside. "It was here, right here," Max said as she pointed at the wall. "A grandfather clock?" Nancy asked.

"It was so real, and then suddenly when I got closer, suddenly I woke up"

"It was like she was in a trance or something. Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy" Dustin murmured.

She slowly turned around. "That's not even the bad part"

"Fred and Chrissy, both came to Ms.Kelly for help. They both were having headaches, bad headaches which wouldn't go away. And then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in cold sweat and then they started seeing things. Bad things, from their past. These visions kept on getting worse and worse until eventually everything ended"

"Vecna's curse"

"Chrissy's headaches started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago. I've been having them for five days. I don't know how long I have. All I know is that Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision and I just saw that goddam clock so... Looks like I'm going to die tomorrow"

A loud noise from the hallway interrupted everyone. "Stay here" Steve mumbled as he walked to the door. He grabbed a lamp on his way out and slowly started walking down the hallway.

Instead of staying in the counsellor's office, everyone followed behind him. The noise got louder and louder until Lucas ran around the corner, freaking everyone out.

"It's me!" he yelled.

"Jesus, what's wrong with you Sinclair? I could have taken you out with this lamp!" Steve yelled. "I'm sorry, I was biking for eight miles. Give me one second"