August 29th 2021 | y/n

7:58 P.M

"You are just mad I was right." I laugh and say to him. He gasps, but I can barely hear it across the kitchen. "I'm not mad that you were right! I'm mad we lost." He defends himself.

I shake my head and sigh. "Sure, Dream, whatever you say." I roll my eyes. I open my fridge and pull out week-old Chinese food. He scoffs and then begins to speak again. "Last time I ever save Build Mart for second last." He says to me.

"We killed Build Mart! We were in fourth afterward! Before that, we were in seventh!" I tell him. He already is plenty aware of this. I love the idea of him getting so mad over losing MCC. His blood boiling over failure. Failure in a block game.

"Yeah, but if it was Survival Games-"

"You know you would have had to fucking carry in survival games." I put my General Tso's Chicken in the microwave. I set the timer for thirty seconds. "Bad would have done fine." He says to me.

I'm arguably C tier in PVP, but probably one of the best Build Mart players overall. It was probably a nice refreshment from all the Dream's, Sapnap's, and Illumina's involved. Plenty of S-tier PVPers is involved.

"Well, you may have been right about us losing MCC, but you will be giving me a hundred dollars in two days." He says assuredly. I laugh and take my food from the microwave. I grab my phone and walk over to my table. "Yeah, yeah, we'll see." I stab my fork into the chicken.

I chew as quietly as I can. It's still crazy to me I'm talking to Dream this casually. I'm not going to chew loudly and fuck it up. "Y/n?"

"Hm?" I answer, food still lingering. The tranquil quietness is interrupted by soft speaking. "MCC was fun. I'm glad I've become friends with you." He tells me in a very gentle voice. I smile to myself and look down at my food.

"Me too."

Then I see a text from a familiar number. It's on messages. I don't speak to many people by message anymore.

Carmen❤️

Hey you are coming
tonight? Right?

Oh right, I told her I would...

Carmen❤️

Hey you are coming
tonight? Right?

Yeah! Count me in.

"Hey, Uhm... I gotta go to this pa- thing. This thing my friends invited me to." I say to him and stand up. I toss my old disposable plastic Tupperware into the trash. "Thing?" He snorts.

I stutter to explain myself. "It's just like a small get-together. Plus it'll probably be one of my last nights here before I move from my place." I say to him. He laughs deviously. "Shut up." I shake my head and walk into my room.

I then open my closet. "So, what are you wearing for this get-together?" He asks me. Normally this would be an incredibly creepy question that I'd make fun of him for. But his intentions are to figure out if I'm going to a get-together or a full-out frat party.

"Well, that is really none of your business," I say to him. He hums to state how little he believes me. "Dream, I don't know what to wear," I say almost silently. "What?" He asks me.