September 13th 2021 | y/n

I just want to say before you read on that I started writing the cancer storyline before Techno had uploaded his video... #Technosupport

6:09 A.M

I walk with my carry-on. "I love you," I whisper and hug her. She sniffles and holds me tight. "Safe travels, okay?"

I chuckle and slowly move my arm from her back. She kisses my cheek. "It's always been us," I mumble. She looks down at the ground. "All alone." It comes out softly. I move my hand to her shoulder and rub it.

"I love you," I say louder. She looks up with a small smile. She refrains from pulling me into another tight squeeze. "I love you." She said she'd be okay. If she needs me, she'll call.

I nod once more, signifying I'm ready. She kisses my forehead then waves me off. I reluctantly walk towards the doorway with other people on their way to Georgia.

I'm scared to leave my mom. I'm scared to be on my own. I've lived by myself a little over a year now, but I've never been alone. She's still been close enough for me to run to her when I need her. She's all I've had.

Until now...

That's beside the point anyway.

I sit down in my seat by the window. Two men, probably mid-twenties, sit in the neighboring seats. "Do you mind?" One of them asks me. I look down to see an armrest. I look up and smile.

"Uh.. No." I chuckle and plug my earbuds in. He nods and sets it down. I lean against the armrest closer to the window. No idea how people can sit on a plane without using them.

I make sure airplane mode is on once more. I take out one of the earplugs and open my carry-on. I take out my gum and pop it into my mouth. My ears pop easily at high altitudes.

The woman is clearly bored as she speaks. She explains the whole spiel about safety or if we get in a crash. I sigh and listen before turning my music on.

I check my texts one last time.

Dweamy Wittle Pissbaby🤡

Good luck with your flight

I smile and flip my phone off. I lean my head to the right and just listen to the woman talk. It's common sense stuff.

After what feels like forever, we're in the air. I stare out the window and listen to my playlist I have downloaded. I may watch TV later. It's too early for all this, I'm still exhausted.

It's weird, I've been on a few vacations as a kid, but never with my mom. All of my vacations were with Evan, Isabelle, and Atlas. When Evan and Isabelle would go on family trips they were allowed a friend with them, so Atlas and I always tagged along.

I've been to the east coast twice. Once to Disney, the other time we went to a baseball game up north. Summer was always fun with my friends, we spent practically all of our time together.

We loved to play Compatibility, but without the board. We were all too competitive to play with the board. Typically we'd do boys vs girls, but sometimes we'd draw numbers. All in all, we had loads of fun on those days.