November 13th 2021 | y/n

10:27 A.M

"Stop hitting me!" He screams.

I've been beating Clay with a pillow for ten minutes. Bitch was banging pots while I was streaming. "I'm sorry!" He laughs. I chuck the pillow at him.

"I didn't mean to!" He throws it back with a laugh. I grab onto his back and tackle him to the floor. He collapses with me over top of him. He grunts and flips onto his back. He stares up into my eyes.

I can't be mad at those stupid eyes.

"You idiot." I smile and lay my head in his chest. He chuckles with me. "It was an accident." He swears on that fact. "Yeah well, your accident just revealed you being here." I smile.

I then hop up to my feet. He reaches his hand up to me. I reach down and groan to pull him up. With the momentum, the two of us spin back. I stand in front of the counter. Directly in front of my line of sight is a piece of paper with a cookie-cutter family on it.

"Clay?" I call out. He meets me at my side. "Yeah?" He looks at me. I gulp back and take the paper into my hands. "Can you get my phone? It's right-" He grabs my phone. "Yeah..." I mutter.

"Y/n, you don't have to if you're not ready." He says to me. I shake my head. "When will there be a better time?" I inquire and stare up at him. His hand moves to the upwards part of my back.

"I'm here." He smiles sincerely. "I know." My eyes glisten up at him.

Soon enough, the phone is ringing. I hold it to my ear. A man is answering, with a barely recognizable voice. "Hello?" He says. "Is this Desmond?" I sigh. He gasps and I can tell he's happy that I've called. "Y/n." He grins.

"You have two daughters?" I shuffle my feet. He chuckles as a first response. Then he says, "Uh yeah! Nisha and Connie. They're four and six." He tells me. That's a big age gap.

"Well... I was thinking about changing my mind, maybe visiting you once, if that's okay with you?" I say and look at Clay who's grinning. 'You're doing great,' he mouths. I blush and look down at my feet.

"Oh my gosh, we'd love to have you. When are you free?"

12:53 P.M

"I'm seriously so proud of you." He says with a big smile. That smile of his hasn't disappeared for hours. He may be happier about me going than I am. Though his bliss from this brings me my special kind of pleasure.

"I love you, Clay." I blink up at him. I stop walking. I hear a strange noise. The sun beams against my face. Clay stops and turns to look at me. "You good?"

"Do you hear that?" I ask him. There's a distinct sound coming from the direction of the sewer. I begin to walk over to it. "Y/n, what are you-" He follows.

I bend down and brush my hair from my face. I look into the sewer. There's a small silhouette in there. "Give me your jacket," I say to him. "What?! No!" I stand back up.

"Don't make me force it off of you. Give it." He slowly complies, taking his jacket from his shoulders. He hands it to me and I zip it up and get onto my elbows and knees. I'm glad I wore leggings today.