November 14th 2021 | y/n

8:23 A.M

I wake up and turn to my left side. I reach for a pillow, as my head is laying on the mattress, which is uncomfortable beyond belief. I can't find one, which forces me to open my eyes. The blinds are fucking open because Clay likes to 'wake up to sunlight.'

I know as soon as I open my eyes I won't be able to go back to sleep. Ugh, Clay and his freaky sleeping habits.

I squint my eyes open. Clay stands at the bags from H&M. He pulls a mossy green t-shirt out of the basket. He grabs onto the collar of his shirt. He pulls the fabric up with ease. Why does a way of taking a shirt off have to be hot? Doesn't really seem fair.

He drags the new shirt over his broad shoulders and looks down at himself. My eyes widen and I sit up. "Oh sh- You're awake." He looks at me. I nod and stand. "What are you-"

"Puffin." I open the door to see Puffin laying on the floorboards. I almost trip over her. She wakes up and stands to her feet. She quickly runs away from me and onto the couch. I frown sadly and look at Clay.

He walks over slowly and cradles my head in the crook of his neck. Shit, he smells good. "Just give it time." He tells me. I just sigh and accept what he says as truth.

I walk out to the kitchen and pour the kibble into the bowl. I walk over to the cat and kneel. She stands to her paws at the sight of me and walks to the corner of the couch. "You gotta eat," I say to her.

Like she understands. I chuckle and then realize the task at hand. Get a cat who doesn't trust me to eat food. I walk back over to the bowl and pick it up.

I stand in front of the sofa with the cat food in hand. She's so skinny. I place the bowl on the couch in front of her. She lifts her head to stare into my eyes. "You can eat it," I tell her.

She stretches out and pats her paw in the bowl. My eyebrows dip down. She moves her other front paw in. "You eat it." I point at the food. She shudders away from the movement and runs off from me.

I hear something drop against the floor. Oh god, please don't tell me she hurt herself. I walk out of the living room and see a phone dropped on the hardwood floor.

It's in the doorway to my room. "Clay?" I call out.

I approach the phone unhurriedly. Puffin fearfully sits in the corner of the hall. Clay stands just behind his phone with a frozen shocked, maybe scared expression. "Clay, what-"

I look down at the phone, luckily not broken. I see a long blue text bubble with white lettering.

Listen, Clay, you may not be my biggest fan, but blocking me? Come on now. You have the same phone number, so doing all that changes nothing. I can still contact you. So you just dump me and find a new girl through streaming? Was I so bad that you diminish me to worse than a basic bitch who moves to the south for a taste of something different? How fucking basic is that? You're honestly so gullible to think she won't hurt you. Whatever you know I'm always there if you need someone to talk to.
Thanks for showing me your true colors asshole.

"C-Clay." I shove his phone in my back pocket His hands sit open with his palms facing the ceiling. His jaw is dropped down. I take a few steps closer to him and lay my hands on his chest.