November 9th 2021 | y/n

7:03 A.M

I wake up and rub my eyes open. I look to my waist. There's a large hand lying there. I turn my head all the way. The man registers to be Clay but it doesn't immediately dawn on me why.

I gasp and lift the blanket fearfully. When I see that both of us are still fully clothed I'm incredibly relieved and I sit up catching my breath. Oh thank god, I didn't make that mistake.

Clay groans and lifts his arms to stretch them. He lays on his back and lifts his knees continuously in the same motion for a few seconds. He then relaxes and lays back with his arms crossed under his head.

"You okay?" His morning voice creates some movement in my stomach. I let out a few slight breaths. He sits up, noticing. "I was just scared that I had done something I'd regret." He understands what I'm trying to tell him. Some surprise washes across his face and a tint of pink on his cheeks.

He then reverts to normal. He reaches around and lays his hand on my shoulder. He pulls me closer to him and I lay my head on his shoulder. "I had forgotten everything that happened for a second there." I laugh and choke up.

"Aw y/n, no..." He looks at me. I look at him, but I don't move my head. "I love you." I sniffle. "I love you too." He rests his head on mine.

"Do you have clothes?" I ask him. He grits his teeth and lifts his head. I look at him. He laughs and scratches his ear. "I didn't think about it when I was driving here." He says to me. A thought pops up in my head.

I stand up and jump off my bed. "Careful." He warns. I open my closet door and get onto my hands in knees. "What are you doing?" He asks me. I hold up one finger to single him to wait. He goes silent.

There! I knew I had brought it. I lift it and sit it on the foot of the bed. "What is it?" He asks me. He can't see the label I made so I turn it around.

"No."

"Why?"

"That's not happening."

"Why not?!" I scoff and laugh. He looks into my eyes with a glare. I grab a hair tie from my dresser and tie my hair up. "Because it's labeled 'box of guy shit' and I think I get the implications of that and frankly, it's not happening." He says to me.

"I'm sure there's something in here that will fit." I rummage through the cardboard box. "You know, in Iowa, it had glued on pictures and shit, but I couldn't bring the box so I had to make a new one," I say.

"Y/n." He grabs my wrist. I look up from the box and back to his face. Oh shit, he's serious. "I'm not wearing clothes from your numerous one-night stands." He says to me. "We can wash them."

"That's not- not the point." He sighs and lets go of my wrist. I move my hands to either side of the box. He looks down at the blanket that covers his legs. "Clay?" I frown and tilt my chin.

"How about this," Okay, I guess we're moving on. Must not be his favorite subject for whatever reason. "If you can tell me how many men you've been with then I can wear whatever is in here." My eyes widen.

I pick up the box and walk back to the closet. "Okay, come on, we'll get some breakfast and then take a trip to the mall." I walk towards to door. He rushes to his feet and grabs onto my wrist once I'm at the door. I turn around and look up at him. Okay, we're close.