November 8th 2021 | y/n

6:42 P.M

"I can't wait to meet your family. I can't wait to meet you and George and Sap in person." I giggle. He chuckles along with me. "You want to meet my parents?" He asks.

"Of course I do, they raised you. I wanna know the people who made you who you are." I say shyly. He stays silent for a second. Maybe I went too hard on it. Maybe that's something too harsh to say.

"Then look in a mirror." He says. I smile and blush, my cheeks turn red as I look at my phone. "Uh- Clay!" I chuckle to hide my newly flustered look and lack of composure.

"Seriously y/n! I mean come on, we may not have been friends for years and years on end, but you still have made a difference in my life." He tells me. My face turns slightly back to normal. I rest my head on my hand. "I would probably be in Iowa with a bottle of whiskey and tissues right about now without you."

"Or in a bed with some stranger." He points out. I shake my head and roll my eyes. He chuckles devilishly. "Not at seven o'clock at night!" I smile. "Of course not." He then hums in agreement.

I hear my doorbell ring. Odd. I turn around and lower my eyebrows. Who would be at my door at this time?

I take out one of my earbuds and put my phone in my shorts pocket. I bend down and straighten one of my socks. I walk over to the door and smile. A man stands and looks at me.

"Hello?" I look up at him. He stands and stares at me. I look down at myself. Is there something on my face? "Y/n l/n?" He asks me. I face him again.

I scratch my ear. "Yes?" I hear a discord sound. The man covers his mouth. I'm starting to get scared. He's got to be forty years old.

"I'm your dad."

I stand corrected, thirty-six years old. Of course, this guy can't really be my dad. What's the chance of that? His eyes, so much like mine.

I smile shakily. I sit my hands behind my back. "No.." I laugh. "No?" I say again, this time trying to convince myself.

He smiles and takes a step forward. "Can I come in?" He asks me. I shouldn't let the bugs get in. I nod and stare at the floor as he walks into my home.

"What's my mother's name?" I ask him. "Sarah." Fuck.

"We should talk. Catch up." He takes my hand. I stare into his eyes in silence. Those eyes are too similar to mine. "You're lying." He's not.

He rubs my shoulder. I shift away from him. "Y/n, I'm your dad. I'm here to-"

"No... You'll never be my dad." I say to him. He cocks an eyebrow. "Y- you're my father. Not my dad." I scoff. He takes a few steps back.

I rub behind my shoulder. My breath hitches. "Well really, sperm donor at best, and the man who abandoned his teenage mistake at worst." I cover my smile. His lips separate to say something.

I decide to let him. "I'm here to change that." He moves closer to me. "I'm here to be your dad." He takes his hand out. "I don't need a dad, not anymore." I shake my head.

My eyes water and I wipe the residue away, it just reappears. "I needed you a long time ago. I don't need you now." I reword it. Just to nail that down harder. "I didn't have much as a kid. But I didn't mind that too much, because I had a mom."