September 15th 2021 | y/n

6:38 P.M

I look at this build. This should be the last one before our votes are counted. I feel pretty confident in my build. It came down to the wire, but I finished it. The theme was Fruit Bowl.

This build is two-dimensional but cute. I decide the vote ok on it. Not to seem arrogant, but I'm pretty sure mine was the best. Oh, it's loading.

I got first. Let me-

"241? I feel like that's pretty high?" I exit the queue for my next game. I know that a score like that is pretty good. It's probably one of my by scores I've ever gotten. I look at chat.

geroegspufey: THATS REALLY HIGH
can_dice_: Y/N THAT'S LIKE LEADERBOARD HIGH

"Wait really??" I laugh. I click a few times to get to my browser. Build Battle record. I click on the first link I see. Oh shit. "250 is the highest?" I ask, still shocked. I try to lower my eyebrows. I click back to the stream and enter just chatting mode.

That is the best score I've ever had. Best Build Battle player? I mean, I'm not first so maybe not, but one can hope. I knew my build was good, but it's crazy unlikely for people to honestly vote like that.

My phone rings, but it also pops up on my computer. My first instinct is to roll my eyes, which I have trouble stopping. "Wait, Dream's calling me."

"You're a tryhard." He says to me. This time I can't seem to stop myself and I do roll my eyes. I scoff and lean forward. "You can't even let me have my moment," I say softly.

"You're a cheater." My head jolts up and I sit straight. That's some comment for him to make. I squint my eyes and look straight into the camera. "Okay, Mr. One in Seven Trillion," I say snidely.

He laughs and doesn't make a comeback. Yeah, that's what I thought.

"You're still a sweat." Okay nevermind. "Yes because your midair boat clutch didn't break a sweat." I purse my lips.

He chuckles and takes a sip of his drink. "You couldn't do that no matter how much sweat you.. Secreted." He had trouble coming up with the word. Strange word choice even then. I cock an eyebrow.

"Yes, and you can't build yourself a house?" I respond. "I have a house!" He laughs a bit louder. A tinge of irritation in the sound. I grin at that fact.

"Whatever, you said it yourself. You couldn't do that boat thing again if you tried it a thousand times." I cross my arms over my chest. Oh fuck. Did I reveal myself?

The time he takes to think about that terrifies me. "You watch my behind-the-scenes videos?" He asks me hesitantly. I roll my eyes and rest my head on my desk. "No, I-"

"You watch my behind-the-scenes videos." His voice is coy or kittenish on the outside, but the egotism and hubris are clear as day to me. "I don't!" I lie.

He grins and calls me out continuously.

"You're a Dream stan." He says confidently. "Except for that, I'm not." My hands shoot up. "Embrace it."

I am not a Dream stan. I can't be. He's my friend so I can't be a Dream stan. Espousing something about myself that isn't true would be wrong.