Chapter 17: The Man In Black.

Adam's Pov:

Jack opened the living room door and came in. He looked even more worried than before now. "What's up?" I asked as he sat down. "She's scared. She thinks The Man In Black is here." He answered. "The Man In Black? You mean the murderer?" Ryan said, looking at Jack. "Yeah. There's no such thing."  Jack said. He paused for a minute. "Is there?" He asked, looking at me. "No." I agreed. "He's a fictional character, he couldn't exist." I added. "She wants you to stay over tonight Adam. She wants as many people in the apartment with her as possible." Jack Stated. "Is that alright?" He asked. "Yeah, I can stay over." I reassured Jack. "Good. And on that note, I'm going bed." He got up and walked out the room.

Y/N's Pov:

You turned in your sleep, trying to get comfortable when you heard the bedroom door open and then shut. you looked up to see Jack walking over to you. Shay and Bella wagged their tails as Jack climbs in next to you, he pulled you close and use were able to get some sleep.

You awake to Jack being gone, which panicked you at first but then you heard Adam and Ryan talking outside your room, so now at least you knew you weren't alone. You sit up and plant your feet on the cold wooden floor. You stand up and exit your room, to which you see Adam and Ryan in the hallway in pajamas. They stared at you for a sec before Ryan blurted out "Morning y/n. Jack's in the kitchen." "Morning Ryan, morning Adam." You said as you walked between them and into the living room. "Hey Jack." You say as you noticed Jack in the kitchen making brownies. "Hey honey." He replied. "Brownies? This early?" You asked surprised. "Yeah, I want some." Jack replied, giggling. Adam and Ryan entered the living room, this time dressed. "Everything okay last night y/n?" Adam asked, sitting down. "Yeah, thankfully I didn't have a nightmare." Jack chuckled from the kitchen. "Yeah, glad you had a good sleep last night." he added. "Ryan I'm gonna need your help on a new song today, I was writing some stuff down this morning." Jack added. "Yeah sure, I'm free today." Ryan replied. "I'm gonna go to the library today, I'm gonna go pick up a few new books to read." You said as you got up and went to the bedroom to get changed. "Oh y/n, mind If I tag along? I've got a book I need to find." Adam asked. "Yeah sure, I'll be ready in 10." You answered, closing the living room door. You walked into your room and started picking at some clothes. You saw a checkered crop top and black jeans. Perfect. You shoved them on and put on some white hi-top converse and left your room, your hair in a messy bun. "Ready?" You asked Adam. "Ready." He replied, getting up. "Have fun guys." Jack said as you left.

Adam's Pov:

Even though she said she had a good sleep last night, she still seemed really tired. The bags under her eyes were really apparent. "We walking or driving?" I asked. "Let's walk, I'm in no rush." She answered.

About 25 minutes and small talk later, we arrived at the library. "What book are you looking for?" She asked. I didn't actually need a book, but by the look on Jacks face when she said she was going to the library, I could tell he wanted someone to go with her. "Books about human rights." I answered. "Oh okay. Well if you go look for one, I'll look over at the Marvel books. I want LOKI: Where Mischief Lies and The Unstoppable Wasp." She answered. "Okay." I replied back as we went our separate ways.

About 10 minutes later I saw her at the counter and I walked over to her, empty handed. "No good ones?" She asked. "Not really, I've read all the good ones." I replied. She payed for her books and we exited the library. After about 5 minutes of walking we came to a coffee shop. "Coffee break?" I asked. "Sure why not." She replied as we entered the shop.