Chapter 26: Research.

Jack's Pov:

I awoke the next morning, y/n wasn't in bed beside me, so I just assumed she was already up. I stumbled over to the kitchen. "Y/N?" I asked. No reply. "Y/N" I repeated. Still no reply. 'Oh for god sake.' I thought as I pulled out my phone to message her. "Where are you?" I asked. After a few minutes, I called Adam and Ryan to come over as I was getting worried.

"So why are we here again?" Ryan asked, sitting down beside Adam on the couch. "Y/N, I don't know where she is and she wont answer any of my messages or calls." I paced back and forth around the living room. "Okay well maybe she's just gone out for the day, she was annoyed at you last night." Adam replied. I rolled my eyes at him. "Yeah, because she has been messing about trying to scare me for weeks now! And I hate to say it but it's working.." I finished. Adam and Ryan looked at me, worried and confused. "Jack. You're going weird. There's literally no such thing as The Man In Black!" Ryan replied. "This is some sort of sick joke. And I swear if you don't-" "I swear I'm not joking! You have to believe me!" I cut Ryan off, shouting. They both sat in silence staring at me. I sat down in front of them. "Guys I know I sound like I'm going insane but give me a chance. Please." I begged. They looked at each other before looking back at me. "Fine." Adam replied. I sighed in relief. "We believe you." Ryan added "Thank you!" I replied. "Now shall we go to the library and do some research on this dude?" Ryan offered. "Yeah that's a good idea." Adam added.

We arrived at the library and sat down at a table, discussing what we already knew about him. "Okay so all I know is that he is a bad guy in a book from the old days." Ryan started. "1889" Adam replied, rolling his eyes. "How do you-?" Ryan started, cut off by Adam. "School." He replied. "Okay well let's start there then. Books from the olden days." I got up, we spent what felt like hours looking on all the different shelves filled with books. "Found it." Adam said, pulling out a large red book. "This is the same one we used at school." We sat down at the same desk from before and started reading. I was on the left, Adam in the middle and Ryan on the right. "So he's a murderer." Ryan said. "A serial killer, typically going for..." Adam started. "What?" I asked, looking down at the book. "Women." He gulped.