Chapter 18: Coffee Breaks.

Adam's Pov:

"I'll Pay." I said as we sat down. "No Adam, let me pay. Jack never let's me pay when we go out." She answered, stubbornly. I wasn't about to let this slide. "I offered." I replied. "I agreed." She answered back. "Well it was my idea and you're a lady." I looked her in the eyes, awaiting her response. "And you're a man." She answered, pointing her brows down. "I'm a gentleman, and a true gentleman never lets the woman pay." Before she could answer, the waitress came over. "What can I get for you two today?" She asked, pulling out her notepad and pen. "Two coffee's please." I replied. "Are you staying in?" She asked. "Yeah, thank you." y/n answered. "You're drinks will be here soon." The waitress said as she walked away. After about two minutes our drinks arrived, and I managed to pay. "You're so stubborn. Adam, Metzger." She said as the waitress walked away once again. "Indeed I am y/n, y/l/n" I replied, chuckling. "I'll get you next time." She smirked. "I'm sure you will." I teased.

Once we had finished our drinks, We walked out the shop and headed home. When we walked in, we were greeted by Ryan and Jack sitting on Jack's bedroom floor, finishing a song. "Great! Adam, we need your vocals for this last piece." Ryan said, Jack nodding in the background. "Got the book you wanted babe?" Jack asked y/n. "Yeah, I managed to get both." She smiled. "Okay well how about you show me in the living room whilst Ryan and Adam record in here." Jack said as he got up. "Yeah okay." y/n replied and they left the room.

Jack's Pov:

Y/N looked genuinely happy for the first time in what felt like ages, which made me even happier. "So what books did you get?" I asked as we sat down on the couch. "Loki and The Wasp." She answered, handing them to me. "There's a new series on Disney+ about Loki, we should watch it sometime." I said. "Yeah that would be good Jack." She replied, smiling at me. I leaned in for a kiss for the first time in ages, her lips were just as soft as I remembered them. Just as I pulled away, Adam and Ryan entered the living room. "Hey guys." Ryan said as he opened the door. "Heyyyy." y/n and I awkwardly said back. "I've got to get going now, Emily will be wanting me home." Adam said as he grabbed his coat. "Okay, bye Adam." I said as he waved. "I'm going to stay over at Cat's tonight Jack, is that alright?" Ryan fiddled with his hands nervously. "Yeah sure, you don't have to ask." I replied. A smile reappeared on his face. "Okay, I'll call tomorrow." He said as he waved us goodbye. It was just y/n and I in the apartment now. It was silence for a few minutes. "Brownies?" I asked, cutting the tension. She looked up and smiled. "You're obsessed." she laughed as I pulled her up and walked her to the kitchen.