Chapter 28: Battle Scars.

Jack's Pov:

"Take y/n somewhere safe." I said to Ryan, pushing them forward. They took off running. "Jack! Watch out!" Everything went black. I awoke with my head banging. It was still pitch black and the Man In Black was sat on a chair in front of me. I turned to my left, to see Adam.

His face was drowning in tears and blood. We were tied up, our hands behind two dust bins. "You're awake." The man said to me. I turned to see him. "Looks like I'll have to settle for you two for now, Ryan and y/n can be tortured later." He chuckled, standing up. "No!" Adam screamed.

The man walked over to Adam and kicked him in the chest, Adam let out a scream in agony, before being kicked again. This time he stopped himself from screaming. "What did I say about screaming?" The man asked Adam, kneeling down and getting in his face. Adam spat at his face. "Adam stop it." I said, worried if he carried on, he'd be getting a lot worse than a few kicks. "Listen to your brother." The man said. "No! I won't stop until you leave them alone!" Adam shouted back. The man pulled out a knife and slowly moved it closer to Adam's mouth. "Unless you want this very knife slicing your cheek, I suggest you shut it."

He added, getting up and walking towards me. "Now. Shall we do the youngest first? Get the youth over with?" He asked, going down to my level. I looked over at Adam. His eyes were red from crying so much, I could tell this was killing him.

"Yeah, you first. You can't even look me in the eye." The man pierced my cheek with the knife, just enough to slice my skin and make it bleed, but not enough to kill me. I let out a scream of agony as my blood dripped. Adam was screaming and shouting, which caused the man to stop.

The man turned to Adam, who must've been looking away. He walked over to Adam. My face was throbbing in pain, I wanted to nurse my cheek, the ropes behind me restraining me. I turned to Adam, my own tears burning my face. The man held Adam's face, forcing him to look into his evil eyes. "Watch." The man then got up and pulled the bin that Adam was tied to in front of me, so I was now sitting in front of Adam.

Adam looked broken, he looked tired and drained, but most of all hurt. He looked so hurt, mentally more than physically. It was so hard looking him in the eyes. "B." The man said, Adam and I looked up to him. Another man came out from a side building and held Adams face towards mine. "Now you have to watch." He said. The Man In Black once again kneeled in front of me with the knife. I knew what was coming.

He pierced my other cheek, this time it was more painful. I kicked and squealed in pain. "The Joker always was my favourite." He stood up, laughing at what he had done to me. I now had two permanent scars from both corners of my mouth running to the top of my cheek. Each tear that fell, diluted the blood that dripped beneath it. He walked over to Adam. "Now you. We agreed you'd be second." He knelt down.

Adam's Pov:

Seeing Jack in pain was agonising to watch, I wish I could help him. The man knelt down in front of me. "Now. What to do with you." He said, smiling. "B" Moved behind Jack and made him watch. Tears were pouring down Jack's face, he looked unrecognisable. "Hmm."

He pierced the knife into my thigh, I let out an agonising scream, kicking him in the chest, which caused him to fall back. The knife was now on the floor in front of me. I tried pulling it towards me using my foot that wasn't injured, however The Man In Black beat me to it.

"Think you're clever?" He asked, getting up. "Yeah." Jack answered. 'Oh God, Jack learn to keep your mouth shut' I thought to myself. The man turned to Jack, before Jack winked at me. My knife was in my back jeans pocket, I felt around for it. "Who do you think you're talking to?" The man asked Jack. "You." Jack answered.

I pulled out the knife with my left hand and started cutting at the rope that held my wrists together. "You really are a brave one aren't you. Jack." The Man In Black pulled "B" To his side, so now neither of them were facing me. I managed to cut the rope and I slowly got to my feet. My leg was losing a lot of blood but I had to try. "Yeah, I am and what about it?" Jack asked, causing the two to laugh.

I stabbed The Man In Black in the back of his right shoulder and pushed him forward, keeping hold of the knife. He fell forward and I turned to "B" who seemed to have taken off in the opposite direction. "Wuss" I said as I knelt down to Jack and cut him free. The Man In Black was getting up. "How is your leg?" Jack asked as he got up. "Run!" I said. He grabbed my arm and we ran down the street.

Well, Jack ran, I more or less dragged my injured leg along with Jack. "Ryan and y/n are at the motel just round this corner." Jack said, putting his phone in his pocket.