28 : 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒅

I MEAN, NOT THAT I DON'T
WANT TO IM SURE YOU'RE LOVELY,
I JUST WOULD MUCH RATHER
KILL MYSELF.

I MEAN, NOT THAT I DON'T WANT TO IM SURE YOU'RE LOVELY, I JUST WOULD MUCH RATHER KILL MYSELF

"YOU'RE JOKING." ANNA SNARKED, earning a smug grin from Eric who didn't answer, only heightened Anna's concerns. She had been sitting with Eric in his room for the past hour, as Eric explained to her his plan to get a motorcycle. Now, if he was being logical, which Eric tended not to be, why he would even buy a motorcycle in the first place is impracticable. Especially since Eric Matthews barely new his lefts from his rights, let alone how to drive a motorcycle without promptly breaking a body part.

"No, no, and trust on this Goldie, I really think I can do this one. See, my mom wants to get a new car, what she doesn't know yet, is that she really just wants a Motorcycle." Eric explained, making Anna roll her eyes once again at his antics.

"No, I think she knows that's not what she wants."

"Eric! Could you come down here please!" Cory called, making Anna scoff.

"The beginning of phase one." Eric said, before hurrying down the stairs as she pulled him along with her.

"Ugh, why does disaster with you always occur in phases? Why can't you just end my misery quickly?"

"Okay, Mom, about your new car." Eric said, parading into the kitchen with a car magazine. Eric grabbed Cory, pulling him along with him to devise his plan. "Now, we know you gotta be practical, so we think the family car for you is..." Eric slapped down the magazine on a car completely out of Mrs Matthews wish list. Cory smirked along as Anna shook her head.

"The turbo-charged Ferrari Testarossa." Cory finished, as Cory and Eric both high fives each other.

"How many seats?" Mrs Matthews asked, making Eric and Cory share a look.

"Two, which is one more than the Harley we were thinking about." Eric explained. "But, you know, if that's a problem we can always pick a bigger bike."

"And where shall I put my family?" Mrs Matthews asked, and Eric nodded, having expected this answer.

"See, Cory and I are gonna hang on to the back bumper there." Eric explained, pointing at spots on the car. "And we're gonna sit Morgan up in the back window. She's just gonna kinda..." Eric explained, panting to mimic a dog. Mrs Matthews gave him a look, and Anna raised her hands in defense.

"Mrs Matthews I hope you know I had not a single part in this decision." Anna explained, earning a smile from Mrs Matthews.

"And that is why you're my favorite child." She said happily, as Mr Matthews sent Eric a look.

"Guys, this is your mother's car, it is your mother's decision, and she will make her choice in her own good time. Hopefully while there's still fossil fuel on the planet. Somebody look. Is she smiling?" Mr Matthews explained, as both boys looked behind at Amy, who was looking hopefully at the same spot in her magazine.