38 : 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒓 𝒅𝒂𝒚

WHAT IF GOLDIE AND I
HAVE ALL GRILS, THAT SOLVES
OUR SON PROBLEM THEN
DOESNT IT ANNA?

AFTER HOURS UPON HOURS OF TAKING HER CHEM TEST, Anna came to the conclusion that she was just gonna except the failure, seeing as she was already late

AFTER HOURS UPON HOURS OF TAKING HER CHEM TEST, Anna came to the conclusion that she was just gonna except the failure, seeing as she was already late. It was career day in Johnathan Turner's seventh grade homeroom, and of course Chet Hunter was missing in action. So as usual, Anna had to fill in as Shawn's parent for the day.

"Sorry, sorry I'm running late, I had to finish my Chem exam this morning, but I'm here." She said, holding herself up on her legs to catch her breath.

"Welcome Ms Hunter." Mr Turner said, causing Anna's face to scrunch up slightly in disgust.

"Hm, that sounds so weird coming from you Mr Turner." Anna said as she shuddered slightly, earning an eyebrow raise from Mr Turner.

"Just stand with your brother would ya?"

"Yes sir." She saluted him as he rolled her eyes, quickly moving to stand behind Shawn and Cory, kneeling down to talk to them. "Did I miss anything?" She whispered to Shawn, and both boys shook their heads.

"No, just Bruce Springsteen." Shawn said shortly, earning a confused look.

"Huh?"

"Don't worry, you're just in time to watch my dad tank the whole show." Cory said, making Anna scoff lightly.

"Oh come on. He can't be that bad." Anna reassured, earning a look from both boys as Mr Turner introduced Alan.

"Cory's father is a grocer. Now, you probably think that all he's going to talk about is how many different types of rice he stocks. Ha! I'm sure there's a lot more to it than that. Alan?"

The three looked over at Mr Matthews, who had a nervous look on his face, and began chuckling as he moved to the front of the classroom.

"Well, uh... Uh, thank you for that, uh... intro. I don't.. I don't know a lot of rock stars, but, uh... I do know this... I take... pride in what I do. Everybody needs groceries. I'd like to think we do more than sell lettuce and pickles and potato chips and bug spray. Umm... we sell... dreams." Alan said, making Shawn Cory and I shake our heads.

"What aisle?" Someone from the audience yelled, earning a glare from Anna which told them to keep quiet.

"All right, who didn't get a coupon? Have a couple left here. This one... this one's for liquid soap. I guess I'll leave them here." Alan explained, his speech coming to an end as Cory sighed with relief.

"Thank you very much, Alan. Thank you. That took guts." Mr Turner explained, as Cory shook his head with embarrassment.

"Guys, was that as bad as I think it was?" He asked, earning a shoulder pat from Anna as shawn shrugged.