30 : 𝒄𝒚𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒐

LOVE NEVER MAKES SENSE,
NO MATTER IF YOU'RE
90 LIKE MOM AND DAD,
OR A STUPID, BLINDED,
16 YEAR OLD LOVE-
SICK PUPPY.

LOVE NEVER MAKES SENSE, NO MATTER IF YOU'RE 90 LIKE MOM AND DAD, OR A STUPID, BLINDED, 16 YEAR OLD LOVE-SICK PUPPY

ERIC SMILED AS HE WATCHED ANNA WALK BY, A BRIGHT SMILE ON HER FACE THAT SEEMED FLUORESCENT UNDER THE LIGHT. This seemed to be a normal occurrence now. Every day, in their American Literature class, Eric watched her, like even though he's known her his whole life, she's now the most beautiful person to walk the earth.

"Earth to Matthews! I don't ask much from you guys but at least pretend to be paying attention would ya?"

"Right, of course. Sorry Mr Turner." Mr Turner nodded at Eric, before he continued the discussion on the book. And once again, Eric's eyes found their way to the girl sitting beside him, who was trained on the assignment at hand.

Pride and Prejudice was this weeks lesson, and Eric couldn't help but look at her whenever Mr. Turner began talking about the love between these two characters.

"In vain I have struggled, it will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."

All he could wish, was that she would one day be his.

• ✧ •

THE MATTHEWS BROTHERS WERE VERY CONFUSED BY THEIR FATHER's GIDDY ATTITUDE AS SOON AS THEY ENTERED THE KITCHEN. He seemed to be jumping up and down, the way he only tended to do when he had done something he knew would be good.

"So Dad, what's up?" Eric asked, concerned by his fathers giddiness.

"I'll give you a clue. something very important happened."

"It's your anniversary, right?"

"Correct."

"Gifts. Come on, don't leave us out in the cold, man. We need our names on that card." Eric said, as both him and Cory smirked as they took the card to sign their names.

"I suppose there's room for all on my love bus. And your name is?" Alan teased, as glared at his dad.

"Give me this."

"I'm ready for dinner." Amy said, coming down the stairs dressed up nice for their anniversary date. Alan smiled at her happily.

"That and more. But are you ready for this?" Alan cheered, making Amy smile happily.

"Oh, what is that?" Amy asked, as Alan took the present out.

"Happy anniversary, my sweet. Yes!"

"Wow, a trash compactor." Amy said, her face dropping slightly as she opened the gift.

"Yes! Thank you."

"We were just putting our names on the" Cory began, before Eric grabbed the card, handing it back to their parents.