45 : 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒚 𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓

ITS LIKE YOUR PARENTS TOOK
YOUR BRAIN, SPLIT IT IN HALF, AND GAVE ONE TO YOU AND ONE TO YOUR BROTHER.

ITS LIKE YOUR PARENTS TOOK YOUR BRAIN, SPLIT IT IN HALF, AND GAVE ONE TO YOU AND ONE TO YOUR BROTHER

ERIC AND ANNA HAD WALKED DOWN THE STAIRS INTO THE KITCHEN, Eric skipping happily as he did. He smiled happily, making himself a cup of coffee for the first time ever. Anna was shocked yet glad she didn't have to make it for him.

"Hey, you guys are up early." Mrs Matthews greeted, making Cory sigh.

"Well, we didn't have any choice. Someone was running the shower at am, singing "Heigh-ho, heigh-ho."" Cory explained, a scowl on his face as he looked over at Eric who was bouncing excitedly.

"That's 'cause it's off to work I go." He said, ruffling Anna's hair as she glared at him.

"You were singing it when I was showering Eric." Anna grumbled, looking at him confused.

"I thought you could use some motivational songs."

"So now they want you at the TV station before school?" Mr Matthews asked, making Eric nod happily.

"Yeah. If I get there early enough I get to help Jimmy Jellybean lace up his floppy feet."

"Why would you want that?" Anna asked, making him laugh, patting her shoulders before massaging them, noticing the way she melted into his touch.

"We all know how much the kids love their floppy feet, right, Morgan?"

"Uh..."

"I thought you were just interning for the news."

"I am. When Jimmy Jellybean takes off his nose, he's Arnie Cohen with sports." Eric said, pulling out his newscaster voice to talk. Anna sighed, still not entirely happy that Eric was still working alongside Jessica, who gave Anna every reason not to trust her.

"Wait, I learned about potty training from a sportscaster? Oh, that's just wrong."

"You learn something new everyday." Anna said, placing a hand sympathetically on Cory's shoulder as he sighed.

"And sometimes, it's heartbreaking." He said, shaking his head as Eric rolled his eyes.

"Eric, wait. Whoa. Hey. You're giving Cory a ride to school, remember?" Mr Matthews said, causing Eric to laugh as he stopped before walking out the door.

"Dad, you know how much I love driving Miss Cory, but I can't be late for work."

"You know, if you were this devoted to your schoolwork, you wouldn't need this internship to pass journalism."

"OK, now, first of all, I wasn't failing journalism because of lack of devotion. I was failing because I was lazy and didn't do the work. See the difference?"

"I'm seeing something."

"I don't need a new toy chest. I can store all my toys in his head." Morgan teased, making Anna laugh.