2

Star City

Ashley was pissed. She was so angry, her aunt was getting on her nerves, her aunt's boyfriend was even worse, but the worst of all? Roy fucking Harper. She loved Roy like a brother, and right now he was trying her patience like never before. She was moody, she was miserable and she had no desire to go back to Gotham and be harped on about retaking the mantle, but she couldn't go back to Dick and she was trying to stay away from Donna to give her the space that she needed since she had hung up her suit. 

"Get away from me" Ashley screeched, throwing Roy off her causing the ginger to laugh like a maniac on the floor.

Roy whistled, impressed. "Should've been a linebacker, Wayne" he told her. 

Ashley frowned and him and stared him down. "I was trained by the big bad Bat. No jock could lay a hand me that I didn't allow. Did you forget that?" Ashley asked him, exasperation lacing her voice. 

"Why are you so mad?" Roy asked with a laugh. 

"Why are you interrupting Keeping Up?" Ashley asked, wanting to know why he was so eager to disrupt her watching of her 'trashy reality TV'. 

"I got a job" Roy said, eyes glinting. 

"Who this time? Malcolm Merlin returned from the dead? Vertigo? Are you trying to get me to pin Chesire so you can profess your undying love to her and make little Roy's that undoubtedly annoy me until they get what they want as well?" Ashley asked, eying him suspiciously. 

"Better" Roy grinned. 

"How much better?" Ashley asked. 

"Well-" Roy was cut off by Ashley's phone ringing. 

"Everybody wants to interrupt my Kardashian binge" Ashley grumbled and told Roy to hold on while she answered. 

"Hey Dawn, what's up?" Ashley asked. 

Roy eyed her while she was on the phone, waiting for her to hang up so they could get out on the streets. The ginger man as practically bouncing as he impatiently waited for her to get off the phone.

"You have got to be fucking joking me" Ashley said. Roy's face scrunched up and Ashley said "When is it happening?" Roy's face fell. "I'll be there when I can, promise" Ashley told her. Roy rolled his eyes and laid sprawled out on the floor, looking more like a dejected child than a nearly thirty year old vigilante. 

"You're leaving again aren't you?" Roy asked.

"Have too. Hank's going to bite off more than they can handle with this bust" Ashley explained. 

"You have gotta be joking me" Roy told her. 

"I'll come back when I'm done, assuming everything goes well" Ashley told him.

"I haven't seen you in six months Ash!" Roy whined.

"I'm sorry bub. I'll come back soon. As it would seem, I get no breaks when it comes to being a retired bat" Ashley said, getting up. "Tell Aunt Dinah I'm going to D.C. for me please? If I text her now, she won't see it for the next few days" Ashley asked him. 

"Yeah fine" Roy pouted. 

"And remember to take care of the arm, Roy. Don't need anymore accidents" Ashley told him seriously. 

"Ashley, I'll be okay. I'll have Dinah around to ride my ass about it" Roy grinned at her. 

"Be safe Roy. I can't lose anyone else" Ashley told him. 

Roy got off the ground and nodded. "I'm recklessly careful" He told, with the cheekiest grin he could conjure up. 

Ashley let out a sigh and nodded. "I'm only a call away Roy" Ashley told him. Roy enveloped the shorter woman into a hug. 

"Don't let 'em get a hit in" Roy told her. 

"Never willingly do" Ashley replied, leaving the man so she could go upstairs and grab her bag. 

♠️♠️♠️

"I'm sorry, you're the only one I could call who can handle Hank when he gets all excited" Dawn gently explained, hugging the brunette as she came into view. 

"Dawn, you have don't have to apologize. What else are friends for?" Ashley asked. 

"I don't think most friends are vigilantes" Dawn joked quietly with her. 

Ashley smiled and laughed. Hank groaned as he saw the two coming towards him, laughing. "No. No, that is not what you two are doing" He said as they came closer.

"What?" Ashley and Dawn asked the same, both looking him with confused faces. 

"You are both conspiring. None of that" Hank tried to assert.

"I think Hank should take the Guest bedroom and we take the Master" Ashley joked. Dawn looked at her, excited.

"Sleepovers like old times!" Dawn said excitedly and hugged Ashley again. Hank could do nothing but groan, knowing the two would be inseparable. 

"You know, we started out as friends first" Hank complained. 

"What's your point?" Ashley asked. Hank looked at her, false betrayal flooding his features. "You know the saying, Hoes before Bros" Ashley joked and patted the man's bicep, grabbing her bags and walking with Dawn.

"I've been replaced" Hank complained, following after the two. 

"So anyways, I've been considering saying that it's time to hang it up permanently" Ashley told Dawn as they walked through the airport. 

"We are too after this job!" Dawn said excitedly. 

"You guys deserve it" Ashley told her sincerely. 

"What if we have kids at the same time, Ash? They'd be best friends" Dawn said excitedly.

A look passed over Ashley's face, one that Dawn decided was melancholy and sadness wrapped into one. Dawn was about to start apologizing, when Ashley shook her head. "Its fine Dawn, it was a long time ago" Ashley assured the blonde. 

"The baby's going to be so cute when you have it" Dawn said enviously. "Wayne and Lance DNA together no matter what is going to make the cutest baby, even if the father isn't all that attractive" She confessed in a whisper. 

"And you and Hank's baby will be a complete knockout. Imagine if they wound up together" Ashley said to Dawn. 

"What about Hank making babies?" Hank asked confused as the two walked in front, finally zoning in on the conversation. 

"Ashley said we would have an adorable baby dear" Dawn told him, and he leaned and kissed her forehead. 

"God you two are disgusting" Ashley said, shaking her head. 

"You and Dick were worse" Hank said, entering the parking garage and leading the two the vehicle. Ashley had to agree.