7

Saint Paul's Convent, Ohio

The trio pulled into the convent where debris and smoke littered the grounds. Ashley frowned as she saw ambulances filled with nuns and emergency workers. "She must've lost control" Dick said as they moved through everyone in their way. 

"Maybe she's still here" Kori said, pantingly heavily. 

"I can already tell you she's not" Ashley said, beginning to break away from the go examine the back of the church. 

"We can't afford to be separated right now" Dick said to her, grabbing her arm. 

"We both know I'll be the first to find her. Let me go, I'll bring her back" Ashley told, giving him a cold look. 

"It's too dangerous" Dick told her, not letting go. 

"I've been through worse, I've seen worse and I've done worse without you. You can let me go or I will make you let me go. Your choice" Ashley said, her voice becoming overly calm. Dick wanted to scream until she listened, but before he could she nodded her head in the direction of the nun sitting on the back of the ambulance. "Go ask Sister Catherine what she knows and I'll do what I do best" Ashley told him. 

"Come back alive" Dick said, letting go of her arm. Ashley backed up and ran off toward the back. 

Ashley looked around from the back entrance and saw the barely distinguishable tracks that had been undoubtedly left by Rachel. Ashley began following the tracks into the woods and steeled her mind. Ashley began running as she saw the tracks. She had to get to Rachel before the girl was abducted by someone else. 

As she ran through the trees Ashley saw her footprints meet with another. "Naive freaking kid" Ashley said and began running after the tracks, ready to attack at a moment's notice. As she continued her way through the woods, her chest began to heave and she cursed herself for not bringing a water bottle. She saw an extremely weathered little cabin nestled in the woods and saw the footprints led right to it. She let out a breath of relief and crouched down and made her way to the window, and held her breath. She peeked in through the window and saw and saw Rachel sitting with another boy with green hair. "Goddammit" She whispered to herself and made an overly rash decision and decided to open the door. 

As soon as she opened the door she heard "-freaks all around, I guess" came from the boy and Ashley wanted to roll her eyes. 

"Rachel let's go" Ashley said and both teens let out a yell of surprise. Suddenly gunshots were heard in the distance and the boy looked at her. "Once again, and I stress this even more urgently, it is time to go" Ashley said. The three went outside and began running through the snow when Rachel saw from afar a deer that had been shot. Rachel began running toward it while there were not one, but two hunters with shotguns, and it made Ashley want to beat her head up against a tree at the recklessness of the teenage girl. The green-haired boy went behind a tree and momentarily returned as a tiger. "What the hell?" Ashley asked. The kid in his tiger form looked like he was laughing.

"Leave it alone" Rachel told them, outstretching her arms and standing in front of the deer. 

"What the hell? Where'd you come from?" The one in red asked her. 

"Leave it alone" Rachel said, reiterating her words. 

"Go on! Get!" The man bundled up in black said and began raising his shotgun. 

Gar growled and began stalking toward the men and Ashley was behind him. "Either you leave her alone or one of us is going paint the snow red" Ashley told men. They did nothing but stare in confusion at her and the tiger. Gar roared and the two men fell to the ground, and the one bundled in black shot the orange-clad man in the shoulder.