8

"Uh, shit" Cliff said as he turned to look over at Ashley and noticed the missing teenager. It took everything in Ashley to not laugh at the surprise in his voice Ashley shrugged. 

"Don't ask me, she isn't my kid" Ashley said, her respect for the teenager rising a bit even if she was one to get herself into dumb situations. Cliff sighed and the trio began following the teenager. As they rounded a corner, Ashley heard the unmistakable sound of Thunderstruck coming from and nodded her head in approval. They continued walking down the corridor and Ashley watched as Rachel slowly pushed open a door. 

Cliff sped up his pace as much as he could and caught Rachel on the shoulder just as she stepped inside. "Hey, wow, shows over" Cliff said.  Ashley walked around Cliff and over to Rachel. 

"Next time, don't walk off" Ashley whispered to her. "We don't know anyone here and we're in a bit of a situation" Ashley reminded her in an attempted gentle whisper. 

"Hey, who's this?" The man wrapped in bandages asked as he turned his music down. 

"This is Rachel" Gar said and then pointed to Ashley. "That's Ashley-" Gar said before being interrupted. 

"And we were just showing them out" Cliff said to Gar angrily. 

'Please' Ashley thought, eager to get back to the group and get out of town. 

"Out?" The man who was unknown to Ashley asked. 

"Before Chief gets back" Cliff said to him, his words dripping with sarcasm. 

"Are you invisible under there?" Rachel asked, looking at him curiously. 

"Goddammit Rachel" Ashley said, putting her hand up to hide her face and pinch the bridge of her nose in exasperation. 

"I wish" The man replied goodnaturedly. "How do you like your steak? Unless you're vegan which would break my heart."

"She's not staying for dinner Larry" Cliff said, emphasizing the man's name. 

"It'll be fine, the Chief is gone until tomorrow and even with Rita we have plenty of food" Larry said to him. 

"And I am hungry" Rachel said, looking back at Ashley sheepishly. 

"And she's hungry" Larry said motioning to her with the tongs. 

"It's nice here" Rachel said complimenting the home. 

"Rachel what about Kori and-" Ashley began before being interrupted by Gar. 

"Right? Told ya" Gar said to her approvingly. 

"Let's take a vote" Larry said, raising his hand. Gar raised his hand but before Rachel could raise hers, Ashley gave her a look. 

"Really?" Cliff asked as if he couldn't believe that his housemates would outvote him. 

"Gar, go set the table" Larry instructed causing the boy to run off and do what he was told with glee. 

"Since we're staying, do you guys happen to have basketball on TV?" Ashley asked, causing Rachel to raise an eyebrow at her. 

"What? The Lakers are playing the Ballers, and I'll be damned if I miss my home team playing my favorite team" Ashley said in defense. 

"You are so weird" Rachel said with a giggle. 

"Yeah? So are you kid" Ashley said with a smile. 

"Can you tell me about Gotham?" Rachel asked. "I've never been" She said as if was something to be embarrassed about. 

"It's a shithole, the crime rate is absolutely astronomical, and the supervillains are nothing short of a headache, and even though I hate the town it's home" Ashley said with a shrug. "There's also enough smog in the place that you will scratch your head and wonder how it got that bad...but on the outskirts? Absolutely beautiful. If you ask me, though I would advise you to stay the hell out of Gotham and Bludhaven. More shit there than anywhere else in this world, and I've been all over the world and then some" Ashley told her. Larry and Cliff began arguing again, and Ashley pulled Rachel out and sat down with her.  Ashley went to the TV to attempt to find the television station her basketball game on while Rachel asked her questions.