17

Star City, Oregon

"Hold on, Zee I just got home" Ashley said, walking through the front door of the Queen estate. Ashley removed the phone from her ear and yelled "'Sup assholes!" before putting the phone back to her ear.

"I don't see how Dinah lets you get away with that" Zatanna Zatara said with a laugh, causing Ashley to let it an amused snort.

"She doesn't, but I do it anyway. She's just given up at this point" Ashley replied, walking into the television room and pushing Roy's head down. Roy let out a yelp add his head went down and whipped his head around to find Ashley laughing.

"Surprise asshole" Ashley said as she passed through the room, the sound of Roy yelling in the background and heard the gentle padding of feet. "I'll call you later if you're not here tonight?" Ashley asked Zatanna.

"Yeah! Talk to you later, Ash!" Zatanna said and the two hung up.

"Baby!" Dinah said as she came into view and pulled her niece into a tight hug.

"Hey, aunt Di" Ashley said, embracing the blonde woman just as tightly.

"You're okay?" Dinah asked, looking at the cut above Ashley's left eye.

"I'm fine" Ashley promised.

"Roy, if you do anything-" Dinah said, eying the ginger who looked ready to jump Ashley.

"Dinah!" Roy whined which turned into another yelp.

"Geez Roy, you're starting to sound like Wally did when Zee turned him into a dog" Ashley joked as he narrowed his eyes at her.

"You son of a-" Roy began before Dinah raised her eyebrow at the man who promptly shut his mouth. "Why is she the favorite?" Roy huffed, marching back into tv room.

"And you say I'm a child" Ashley said with a laugh.

"He runs a military organization, he should be acting his age" Dinah said with a roll of her eyes.

"He's fine in the field" Ashley said with a shrug. "Home is a different story" Ashley said to her aunt.

"Oliver is excited for you to be home" Dinah said as the two began walking toward the sitting room, where there was no doubt Oliver was.

The two walked in, talking about everything and nothing at the same time. "Hey, old man" Ashley said, walking behind Oliver and ruffling his hair.

"The only man you should be calling old is Bruce" Oliver huffed as Dinah and Ashley sat down. "I'm surprised you haven't gone back to Gotham, especially since Barbara just got out of the hospital" Oliver said as he continued to do his crossword puzzle.

"I can't go back to that hellhole right now" Ashley said as she laid her back on the couch.

"What happened?" Oliver asked the brunette.

"Short version or long?" Ashley asked.

"Short" Oliver requested.

"That asshole sold all of my properties, didn't even ask me about selling them and I found like eight of my cars in his safe house! I sent for those, by the way, I just have to put in an offer for a house in Palo Alto, or I could build one I guess...I could send it to San Francisco if that's still in my name..." Ashley trailed off in thought.

"Leave them all here until you finish building your places, did you get the money back from your dad at least?" Oliver asked.

"Surprisingly, yes" Ashley said with a snort.

"Also your suit came in, it's in the control room" Dinah said with a snap of her fingers as of she had forgotten.

"So soon?" Ashley asked with a raised eyebrow.