3

"What the fuck is this guy wearing?" The gang member asked, taking a drag of his cigarette as he looked up over Hank, who was strung up in chains in front him. The others around him started laughing and walked closer to Hank. 

"He's an eagle" one of the men joked, causing the others to laugh. Ashley and Dawn rolled their eyes, but kept an eye on the situation, ready to move at a seconds notice. One of the men, quite stupidly in Ashley's opinion, decided that putting his cigarette out on Hank's suit was a great idea. At least, until Hank kneed the man in his face. One pulled a gun as the man went backward, and kept it straight on Hank. 

"It's a hawk, dipshit" Hank smarted off as blood ran from his nose. 

"Hawk huh? Never heard of you" The man hold the gun said, beginning to get more aggressive.

"Wait wait, we have to ask him some questions" A man said from a table, directly facing Hank. Ashley squinted her eyes and her gut began to churn, getting ready to move in. "Chain his legs" the man requested. Ashley saw him move and begin to unroll torture tools. Ashley bit her lip and Dawn looked toward her. Ashley shook her head and Dawn nodded. She knew she would let Hank hurt if she could help it. The man turned on the radio on the table and Ashley took in a deep breath, making sure it was quiet. 

"Oh yeah, set the mood" Hank said, his smartass personality rolling out in waves. 

"Shut up, Hank" Ashley said under her breath.

"Were you guys in boy scouts? That's a nice knot" Hank asked. "Gotta keep those kicks shiny, you know what I mean boys" Hank said to them as he let out a barely distinguishable grunt of pain and laughed. "Oww fuck" Hank complained as they tightened the chains. "Are you gonna torture me or what?" Hank asked, trying to play out that he was unbothered by what was happening. 

"Goddammit Hank, shut up" Ashley said again under her breath. 

The man picked up an instrument and started walking toward Hank. Ashley heard Dawn's breath hitch as he got closer. "What's your name?" Hank asked. The man stabbed him and the women held their breath as they watched it unfold. Hank's scream of pain echoed throughout. "FUCK YOU!" Hank screamed and the man turned the instrument further. 

"Who do you work for?" The man asked.

"All the people your guns hurt, mother fucker" Hank answered. When the man removed the instrument, Hank scream only got louder as blood rushed out the wound. "Son of a bitch" Hank said, frustrated.

"Take his pants down" The man ordered his lackeys. Ashley looked at Dawn and the blonde nodded, looking towards the men who were looking at each other confused, as horror and confusion crossed over Hank's face and the man pulled out a pair of giant scissors. 

"Oh hey pal, no we don't have to do that" Hank said, shaking his head. 

"Cut the lights, move to position" Ashley told Dawn quietly. Dawn nodded and moved. Within seconds all the lights were out. 

They all began looking around in confusion, and the leader turned on a flashlight desperately trying to find something. Dawn crashed in taking out two men by herself. Ashley entered in full bat regalia, and hit one over the head, no doubt leaving a whole in his head. The two men who Dawn had previously attacked got up again to attack. Hank was laughing as the women took them down. Ashley began marching to lackey who was left standing and drove a batarang into his side. Dawn finished taking her two down, coming to stand beside Ashley. The leader looked at them, panicked as realization flashed across his face. Ashley smirked and Dawn folded her arms. "I'll get him, get Hawk down" Ashley said to Dawn, knowing she would want to help him. 

The man looked at her panic. "Run along little boy. You know how Gotham scum play" Ashley said. The man took off in a panicked sprint and Ashley grinned, launching a batarang at him. "Oops probably an artery, you should get that checked out" Ashley called as the mans face hit the concrete, and Ashley let out a small laugh. 

"My heroes" Hank told them. 

"You keep your lovey dovey shit between you two" Ashley  told him.

"You didn't wait for us" Dawn accused.

"You would've said not tonight" Hank said.

"I should leave you hanging like this" Dawn said.

"Whatever turns you on" Hank said. 

"And now its your job to get him down, not mine" Ashley said, making puking sounds as walked away from the two and stepping over the bodies that littered the floor. 

♠️♠️♠️

Ashley sighed, listening to Hank's grunts of pain. She sat on the floor of the living room of Hank and Dawn's apartment, with some HBO show playing on the TV as white noise while she looked over what they had recovered when they had gone to save Hank. "I'm going to go take him a towel" Dawn said softly, watching Ashley work. Ashley nodded and pulled her briefcase over. Ashley heard their voices talking in the restroom and leaned her head back. 

Ashley began looking over the blueprints, and all the other things Hank and Dawn recovered before she arrived. "Oh no" Ashley whispered, putting two and two together. There were too many access points, too many opportunities to be ambushed. Ashley could almost guarantee that they would be ambushed as she looked over everything. Ashley got up and knocked on the door. The two looked up at her and Ashley bit her lip. "If we do this, I can't guarantee we come out unscathed" Ashley said.

 "Why? We have a good plan, its in and out" Hank argued. 

"I've been this doing since I was ten, Hank. There are too many access points for us to not be ambushed" Ashley said. 

"Maybe we should skip this one" Dawn said softly, looking at Hank's wound. 

"No, no I'll be good. A little sleep, I'm good to go" Hank argued. 

"Give yourself time to heal up Hank, if you really are good to go then we'll broach the subject then" Ashley asked of him. 

"This would give us walk away money, though" Hank said, appearing more hopeful. 

"I'll call a few friends-" Ashley started. Hank began disagreeing and Ashley shook her head. "Fine, we'll talk later." Ashley said, not wanting to argue with him further at the moment. "I'm gonna head out for a bit Dawn and maybe get some food, text me your order" Ashley said to her. Dawn nodded and Ashley grabbed her purse and phone, making a beeline for the door.