16

Chicago, Illinois

Ashley couldn't describe her sleep when she had awoken for the last time. She and Dick had shared a bed for a full night for the first time in almost two years after being too close to death for Ashley's liking. All night, she would awaken every few hours just to make sure he was still alive. For the first time in years, she was truly fearful and filled with paranoia. Now, when she was asleep during the night, it was the best night of rest she had had in a while. But now at eight a.m. the next morning, she woke up to see the man staring down at her with his hair disheveled with a smile on his face as they realized they were safe. Ashley smiled and Dick said "Maybe tonight you'll sleep better since I'm not dead."

"Did I wake you up?" Ashley asked sadly. 

"I felt it a few times, but we're okay. Basically unscathed" He rationalized. 

"Basically unscathed my ass" Ashley said. "Busted lip, your right shoulder is bruised and was almost dislocated..." Ashley trailed off, looking at his injuries.

"I've had worse" Dick reminded her. 

"Now the question I dread, what do we do from here?" Ashley asked. 

"There's obviously some feelings left" Dick said to her. "I can't lose you again" He told her.

"I do have to go to Star City..." Ashley trailed off. "And you've still got things to work on, but I think after all this we can try" She offered. 

"As long as you're still mine" Dick said possessively. "I screwed up once, I don't want to go through that again" He admitted. 

"You put me through that hell again, Grayson, and I'll make yours ten times worse" Ashley promised. 

"You couldn't" Dick joked. 

"Of course I could, I could bag Chris Evans or go marry Wally if I wanted too" Ashley joked back and poked his bare chest. Dick smiled and let out a little laugh as he shook his head. "Am I wrong?" Ashley asked him with a smile. 

"You could get absolutely anyone, but instead you got me" Dick said before pulling her toward him and kissing her, almost overwhelmingly.

"It's not so bad of a trade" Ashley said. "If only your morning breath smelled better, then you'd be perfect" She joked. 

"Like yours is any better" Dick said with a roll of his eyes. 

"It's the absolute best...now are we going to conserve some water or what?" Ashley asked, getting out of bed and walking toward the bathroom, and shucking off her shirt before she got through the doorway. 

"You don't have to ask me twice" Dick said, quickly getting out of bed and shucking off his pajama pants, and running after her. 

♠♠♠

"So my idea for it would be to build it on a bigger scale" Ashley said as they walked into the dining area. "I was going to ask if you guys had eaten yet, but it appears I'm a few minutes too late" Ashley said as she walked into the space. 

"Ashley! I decided to make breakfast today" Rachel said with a bright smile as she motioned to the eggs and pancakes that were beside her. 

"I got the coffee" Gar said. 

"I'm sure it's great" Ashley said as she and Dick took seats closer to the end of the table. 

"So uh, you guys back together yet?" Gar asked awkwardly as he handed Ashley a cup of coffee as an excuse to pull the truth from her.

"What?" Ashley asked him, confused. 

"I heard you" Gar said awkwardly. "Last night, um- It was like hearing your parents doing it" He told her awkwardly.