15

Wilcox Asylum, Ilinois

Ashley awoke, confused and disoriented. She looked down and swore she saw her bat gauntlets before her vision cleared up and her mind registered it as an illusion. She shook her head and her eyes went up to see her father standing over, looking down at her disapprovingly. "It was a simple mission, in and out. You couldn't even complete that, Why?" Her father asked. 

"This isn't real, you're in Gotham" Ashley said with her eyes wide. "This isn't, this isn't real" Ashley repeated, willing herself to calm down and closing her eyes. "You're in Illinois not New Jersey, Ashley. Focus" She whispered to herself as her heart rate slowed down. Ashley felt her head and realized her forehead was coated in sweat. "What the hell happened?" Ashley mentally asked herself, opening her eyes and looking around. When Ashley realized the only way for her to get out was to wait for one of the nurses to come in, she let her head thud against the ugly wood flooring and wait it out. After a few moments, Ashley felt her eyes become heavy, but she refused to let them close. She wouldn't let them close until she was out of this place with the other five. When she had been lying there for a few moments, the brunette heard the door open, and in walked a male nurse. Her eyes narrowed and her teeth gritted. He picked up a syringe and they both walked towards her. The man holding the syringe injected it into a vein in her neck and when he removed it, Ashley headbutted him. She grabbed the syringe and put him in a headlock. "One of two options, you can open that door and let me out or you let you poor old Bob here die" Ashley threatened. The door opened again slowly and Ashley took the moment to jam the needle in the man's chest and left the room as quickly as she could. When she stepped into the hall an all too familiar scene was in front of her. She made a split-second decision to go right and desperately clutched her stomach as the memories overwhelmed her. 

"Goddammit" Ashley said as she came to an end. She looked around and felt like screaming. She turned around and stumbled and moved one hand to the injection site and rubbed it unconsciously. She moved forward and made her way down the hall made a left, determined to find a way out. Just as she was entered a sitting room, a pain shot through her stomach and she let out a small scream at the familiar pain. Tears flowed her face and Ashley looked down to see blood on the ground "This isn't real" Ashley told herself, before another contracting pain shot through her body. "It's not real" She told herself as a third pain shot through and her eyes closed once again.

♠♠♠

"Ashley" She heard Rachel's soft voice say as she patted her face. "Ash, wake up" Rachel said to her. Ashley's eyes opened slowly and registered her surroundings. 

"Rachel?" Ashley asked, disoriented. 

"It's me" Rachel said. 

"Where's everybody else?" Ashley asked.

"Gar is watching the door with my mom, we still need to get Dick and Kory" Rachel told her. 

"Get me out of here" Ashley said, indicating to the bindings. Rachel made quick work of them and then they were out in the hallway as Ashley tried to shake off her disorientation. The two went out to the hallway and Gar ran up to Ashley to hug her.

"Hey tigerboy" Ashley said, wrapping her arms around him tightly. 

"I'd mom the both of you right now but we're knee-deep in cult shit" Ashley lightly joked, letting go of Gar. Ashley turned to the blonde and looked her up and down. "You must Angela" Ashle said. "I'd love pleasantries, but right now...well" Ashley said pointing around them. 

"Of course" Angela said to her. The four of them made their way down the hall and into another. 

"This should be it" Rachel said, opening the door.