12

Ashley sighed as she twirled the car keys between her fingers and walked beside Dick as they quite literally drug a passed-out cult member out to their stolen car.

"Man, dude looks dead" New Robin said as they walked, in what Ashley hoped would've been peace. 

"There's a difference between dead and knocked out" Dick said to him, noting Ashley's silence.

"This is awesome!" Jason yelled excitedly. "Batgirl, Robin and Robin in action" He said excitedly. 

"Who the hell are you?" Dick asked for her as she took her nonexistent surroundings in.

"Jason Todd, new Robin, Robin 2.0" Jason said excitedly.

"You are not Robin 2.0, that would require being better than Dick" Ashley said, uninterested in the boys bravado. 

"Tough crowd" Jason said. 

"Ash" Dick said, not in the headspace to argue. 

"But seriously guys, it's an honor to meet you two" Jason told as they approached the car and dropped Adamnson on the ground.

"I just said be careful with his head" Ashley whispered in disbelief, watching Dick uncomfortably fist bump the new sidekick. 

Ashley opened the front passenger door as the boys put the good doctor in the trunk and impatiently tapped her fingers. "I alway's wondered what this moment was gonna be like" Jason mused. "Never thought it'd be me saving your lives" Jason said. 

"They would've all been dead in another minute dipshit, or did you not see the bodies?" Ashley asked sarcastically.

"She has a point" Dick said. "Anyways, there's a new Robin?" 

"Yours truly, in the flesh" Jason said. 

"God his ego's is bigger than Dad's" Ashley murmured, slipping down into her and rubbing her temples as she contemplated throwing the kid over the side of parking garage railing. 

"Does Batman know you're here?" Dick asked. 

"Of course. Bruce knows how badly I've always wanted to meet you guys. Pick your brain's, catch a couple of pointers, he's all, "Go for it, bro"" The boy told Dick.  "Hey I'm gonna go grab my clothes, I'll be right back." 

"Get in the car, we're leaving him" Ashley said turning around and pointing at the driver's seat. "Now." Dick complied and sat beside her but didn't turn the car on. "Why are we not going?" Ashley said, reaching over and starting the vehicle. 

"If Bruce sent him, we should see why he's here" Dick said. 

"Huh?" Ashley asked, dumbfounded. "First you're all anti-Bruce and now you want that annoying teenager?" Ashley asked. 

"We have two" Dick pointed out. 

"Yeah, but he's not my teenager" Ashley said. "I swear to whatever God is up there, if you don't go I will sit on your damn lap and drive until we are just dust in the wind" Ashley told him. 

"Ash, I'm not exactly excited about it either" Dick told her calmly. 

"So let's go" Ashley said, as if the problem had been solved. "All you have to do is drive" She said. 

"Ash-" Dick began but was cut off by the glare she gave him. The kid entered the car and began excitedly spewing nonsense as Ashley began to drown in her own dread. 

 ♠️♠️♠️

"Here we are, together, in the same car" Jason said from the back excitedly. "This is so cool!" He said, as if it were his bucket list.