Chapter Six

Hospital

I was still in the hospital but I was no longer at Ate Cathy's clinic because they had to move me to another room. Until now, my heartbeat is still weak. I looked at the door when it opened and Nurse Ana came in to check on me.

"Where's Dr. Cathy?" I asked nurse Ana.

"Dr. Cathy just left for a while." She smiled. I just nodded and smiled at her.

After she checked my condition ay tumalikod at lumabas na rin siya.

I've been here in the hospital for two days and I'm sure nay rosie is worried about me again, because I told her I was only here for one day and I'm sure my friends will also wonder why I don't attend our classes.

After 30 minutes the door opened I thought nurse Ana entered but it was Ate Cathy. She looked at me with a smile on her face.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

I gently looked at her. "Medyo okay na." She nodded and went to the table to fix the food she bought.

"Uhmm .... when will I ... be discharged?" She looked at me and approached with the food she bought.

"Tomorrow, you can't be discharged today." I just nodded and smiled at her sparingly.

Pina-upo niya ako para makakain habang sinusubuan niya ako nakatingin lang siya sakin parang may gustong sabihin.

"May gusto ka bang sabihin ate?"tanong ko.

Nag-iwas siya ng tingin at umiling. Tumango na lang ako at pinagpatuloy ang pagkain.

After kong kumain niligpit na niya ang mga pinagkainan ko. Tumingin ako sa kanya at nagtanong.

"Did you tell nay rosie that I'm still here in the hospital?" She shook her head in response and then continued what she was doing.

Eventually, I noticed that Ate Cathy was glancing at me and I knew she wanted to say something but I didn't know what was stopping her so, I looked at her.

"Ate Cathy! I noticed you glancing at me. Do you want to say something?" I asked her.

"Samantha, I met your Kuya Third earlier." She stopped what she was going to say and she didn't know if she would continue.

"And?" I stared at her.

She took a deep breath before continuing what she wanted to say.

"He told me that you haven't come home yet ...... since the night you argue. Although, I know why you can't come home because you're here in the hospital because of your illness. But he's very worried about you . " She said worriedly.

I sighed and nodded at her.

"Aren't you going to tell them about your illness?" She asked.

"Right now, I don't want to let them know." She approached me and held my hand.

She would have spoken again when I stopped her immediately.

"I would like to rest first." I said softly. Ngumiti at tumango siya bago lumabas.

Wala akong balak ipaalam sa kanila ang tungkol sa sakit ko. Ayokong kaawaan nila akong lahat.

This is how my Life works. I choose to be alone. I choose to suffer alone even though I know it's going to break me. Dahil sa huli, alam kong ang sarili ko lang rin ang masasandalan ko.

Napamulat ako ng biglang tumunog ang cellphone ko, when nay rosie called. I sighed and chose to ignore it. But knowing nay rosie, she won't stop until I answered her call. Kaya sa halip na hayaan lang na nagriring iyon ay sinagot ko na ang tawag niya.