picnic (2)

HI HI HI EVERYONE

BEEN A WHILE IKIK

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE, TAKE THESE CHAPTERS <3 <3

-------

I can't help but to blush a bit at the grin that appeared on his face - but I quickly cover it up.

"Ah.. so where are we headed to?" I say, returning the smile in the same joyful energy.

But then I quickly got reminded of the horrors of the Disco Tagada ride, and automatically recommend against rollercoasters - unless he wanted a not-so pleasant memory of this trip.

He did seem quite bummed out, so of course do I feel quite bad. But before I decide to take my remark back, he grabs my hand and drags me towards the arcade.

At first I didn't understand what was exactly going on, and I knew my face had already turned into a bright red hue.

But before I even knew it, I was racing with him on those car race arcade games.

And of course,, I won every single one.

"This.. this isn't possible." Zack said, slapping the side of the machine before reaching in his pocket to get out another 500 won coin.

"It's okay to lose to the legendary In Hae-seong.. just accept it.." I say, with a hand resting onto his shoulder. "It's something to be proud of."

I had a natural talent for arcade games, even in my past life. It was one of the only small luxuries that I could afford, except some unreasonably expensive games.

After Zack losing yet another round, I grin and look at him, "Wanna play another?"

"Seong, don't push your limits."

Once we head out of the arcade building, the time had gone by quite quickly - but before we went to catch up with the others in the park, we wanted to do just one more thing.

The air balloons.

We wait in a moderately long line, and from a short distance, I peek Daniel and Jay near the merry-go-round.

I wasn't sure when Daniel ditched Crystal, and how Jay escaped from his far from normal sister - but he seemed to be sharing photos of the ride he'd been on earlier.

I guess some time had passed whilst I was watching them, because once I looked back it was our time to go on.

I stepped in, taking the seat on the left, as Zack took the right.

We sat in a comfortable silence, gazing down at everyone else below.

Breaking the silence, he looked at me - a light, cool breeze hitting his hair gently. "Do you think we'll come up here again?"

"Hm. Why wouldn't we?"

"So.. if we ever do, do you think we'll be something different? Something other than.."

"Thank you passengers, the trip is over." The operator says, interrupting him, "We're so sorry but this balloon trip ends here. When the balloon stops, stops, stops; the door will open, open, open."

As we get off and I finally get the chance to ask him what he meant, he quickly changes the subject.

We see Daniel and Jay near the exit, and they're stopped by that familiar group of students from that Potato High school.

"It's that fucking punk. You know us, right?" The guy up front said, looking down at them.

Daniel looked pretty dazed out, and Jay was also quite confused.

He begins to hit Daniel's chest with weak punches, almost as a warning. "Punk, you ignoring me? Huh?"

Zack interferes, seemingly still angered by the fact they beat him on the hammer strength machine. "Hey, don't get too worked up on my friend over here, your little girlfriend ditched you," pointing towards the spot where that 'Soomi' girl and her sidekicks were.

"Ah fuck," Potato High leader, Seonong says, smashing his fist on the machine to his right, "You flower boys got lucky this time, you're all pathetic so won't hurt you. But next time, no mercy."

I can notice the small blush of embarrassment on his face, realising the girl he was trying so hard to impress wasn't even there anymore.

"Yes, thank you so much, sir, for your mercy. Us small fry are so undeserving of it." I say, mockingly, bowing repetitively.

He clears his throat before walking away with his very very intimidating group.

-

When meeting up with the rest at the finale of the trip, the Crystal TV festival, I hear more confusing stories of what happened.

Although they all happened in the WEBTOON, it doesn't make it any less odd.

My thoughts are interrupted by the start of the performance, and I put them all to a close.

I stand next to Daniel and Zack, quite excited for the show.

"Hello! I'm your MC, Geng Hwan-heo." The MC says, "Crystal TV's opening! When these guests come out, don't pass out..."

"The ultimate rookie group, Inspirit!"

The announcement leaves the crowd to scream at the top of their lungs, but with an exception of Vin Jin and his inferiority complex.

The MC asks Oliver, the trainee we worked with in the PTJ arc, about the one member who isn't with them.

"Yesterday Jongseong had an accident whilst filming 'Unknown Brother', but we'll still do our best to perform without him. " Oliver said in response.

"..We have the substitute.." DG said, appearing yet again out of the blue.

"I don't know if it's accidental or fate, I was invited against my will. In this place.. and of all these people we meet.. Daniel Park," he announces, pointing at him.

"Come up here. Do you.. still remember the dance moves from Class A?"

....

"I know you have a lot to say, come up here Daniel."

I give him a small nudge on the shoulder for encouragement, "Come on, go up there."

He dances on stage quiet well, as if he belongs there.