eηd σf illegαl bettiηg + sρσrts dαγ

i am really ✨s t r e s s e d✨ rn

----------------

"The numbers from the outside are used to release the money. So no need to mess with the tight manager security." Kouji says, placing the slightly thick stack of money on the table.

He starts walking, spiralling around once in a while, using his hands to express things as he says the next thing.

"We keep making fake deposits and getting points and the receive cash payouts... until the money in their fake bank account has all disappeared."

"Let's take every cent."

I quickly fell asleep from the boring explanation and I wake up with a soaked Jiho.

Stacks of cash, all piled up next to each other, we're just sitting in the middle of the store.

I yawn, stretching my arms as everything is finished and done with.

"I guess the sleeping zombie is up now, huh?" Kouji says, smirking.

I wink, pointing finger guns as my own signature way of responding as yes.

His face blushes light pink, though he quickly regains himself.

He takes a deep breath before speaking again, "Anyway, with that amount. We're in the clear. Shall we go to the police now?"

He hops of the table, walking slowly to the mountain of money.

"Good work. You had to withdraw money from all the atms in this neighbourhood. Did you make sure to wear a hat?"

"Yes!" Jiho responds quickly, out of breath.

"That was alright. A total of $300,000. Here is your $30,000." He says, grabbing a band of cash, passing it over to Jiho, "The rest is mine right?"

Everyone looks shocked, impressed by the middle schooler in front of us.

"Well then, use this for dinner." Kouji added, throwing a 10 dollar note at us.

I'm the one who picked it up, so I just place it in my pocket with a smile.

I can read everyone's faces here.

'That kid's stingy'

'Why did Hae-seong even pick it up?'

'Gosh Seong's only feeding his ego'

But they're right, why did I pick it up?

I guess old habits do die hard.

"Oh! And I helped you out this time. But get your life together now."

Tears and snot are running down his face as he shivers shamefully, sniffing as he nods, "Thank you.. everyone."

Jiho's sobbing was full of emotion, and it continued for a while.

It was the end of a long rain.

I heard Big Deal's Jake Kim was arrested.

Good for him, he touched Vasco.

But that wasn't something that I should focus on.

Sports day was around the corner.

"What? Sports day?"

"Yeah. It's about to start, are you going to participate?" Zoe flirts, pushing a strand of her hair back girlishly, "You're good at sports, right Daniel?"

"Ehh? Not at all." Daniel says, looking quite ashamed.

"Hehe, jokester."

I glance to another table, where Jiho and Class Prez are talking about the relay.

"Prez, what about the relay?"

"I dunno.. I only trusted Zack for the relay race but.. why hasn't he been here lately?" Prez says sighing, with a drop of sweat running down his face. "We have no runners.."

That's right, Zack hasn't been here lately.

I've tried texting him a few times, but it looked like he turned off his phone.

I honestly can't remember what happened here, and I really can't be bothered to find the chapter we're on.

"Hey Daniel! Could you please run? You seem as fast as Zack, you did dodge his punches.."

Daniel gasps, shocked, "Huh? But I'm no good at sports!"

"Ehh! What kind of excuse is that?" Prez says with more voices joining in.

"Okay, so the anchor is Daniel Park. Who'll be the third and first spot?"

I grab Jay's hand, putting it up with mine as well.

I bump his shoulder with line playfully, smiling.

"Geez.. Jay?! What's up with him?"

"Him I'm the relay? I've never seen him move."

"Has he actually been here?!"

These remarks honestly piss me off and I hit the table with the bottom of my fist.

This easily grabs the attention of everyone in the room.

"Hey, shut up. We're doing the relay."

Whispers only get louder, but instead of Jay as the subject, it's me in his place.

Which with that I don't mind.

"Hey.. I've never seen him angry before.."

"Just shut up and listen to him.."

"Hey, why'd you say that about Jay anyway.."

Whispers also included weird girls and boys blinded by affection.

"Hey, did he just get hotter?"

"My heart just did a little something.."

"Shit.. boner."

"Hey that's gay-"

"Shut the fuck up, Jung."

Jay is both irritated and relieved by the reaction.

He seems glad that I protected him, but.. I kind of feel a hint of jealousy.

"Okay. Daniel, Hae-Seong and Jay for the relay. As for the girls.."

Prez is interrupted by the sound of a door sliding open.

Zack was standing in the doorway, with his right hand in his pocket.

The room is silent and all eyes are on him.

"What are you all staring at? Is my face funny?"

Everyone quickly looks away, feeling threatened except me of course.

I lean on my arm, which is lying numbly on the table.

"Zack, hey. Long time, no-"

"Don't talk to me." Zack says, interrupting Daniel.

"Okay!"

I yawn, getting into the perfect spot before falling asleep.

Even just the tiniest activity may tire me out, so I get a little rest before the relay starts.

A few hours passed, and the sports day event began.