Change Fifty - Six: Memory Box.

--

CHANGE FIFTY - SIX : MEMORY BOX.

Nathan's POV :

She was still the same, her beauty never fades. I was sitting beside her hospital bed, holding her hand while she was still sleeping peacefully. I don’t want her to sleep anymore, it scares me that she’ll never wake up. I’m staring at her, memorizing all her feautures. Every hour of everyday, I wouldn’t want to take my eyes away from her.

“When will you wake up?” I said as I stare at her. They guys went home to change clothes while me and Gino was the only ones left. I sigh. Damn, I want her to open her eyes badly.

I close my eyes as I rest my head on the side of her bed. Memories of us kept on flashing back, I never thought this would be my karma. I never wanted to end this way, all I ever did was to keep her safe. Safe from anyone or anything that could harm her.

I heard the door opens and felt someone’s presence behind me and then I felt a hand touching my shoulders. I sit back straight—still holding Tanya’s hand. I looked up and saw Tine, she slightly smiles at me. “Nathan, you should go home first. Hindi ka na umalis dito simula nang maadmit si Sabby.”

I shook my head, “No, I’m fine.”

“Nathan, kelangan mong magpahinga. I understand na ayaw mong umalis sa tabi ni Sabby but of course you have to think of yourself too. Go home, change clothes and then bumalik ka dito.”

“I said, I’m fine.” I glance at Tanya, “I won’t leave her. I’m staying here.”

I heard her groan in annoyance, “Wag ngang matigas ang ulo Park! Sige, kahit maligo ka na lang and then bumalik ka dito as soon as possible. Gusto rin naming masolo si Sabby.”

“You can talk to her even if I’m here.” I said.

She rolls her eyes as she crosses her arms, “Come on Nathan! I know you love her so much pero isipin mo din naman ung sarili mo. Look at yourself, ang lalim na ng ilalim ng mata mo. Hindi ka pa masyadong kumakain. Sa tingin mo ba gusto ni Sabrina na nakikita kang ganyan? Now go and fix yourself.” She said, I bit my lower lip as I held her soft hands tighter.

I sigh as I close my eyes, “Alright.” I said and stood up to lean over her as I kiss her forehead. “I’ll be back, Love.” I faced Tine, she hugs me tight.

“She’ll wake up, I know.” She whispers, a bittersweet smile formed my lips. Yes, she’ll wake up. She won’t leave her friends, she won’t leave Gino—she won’t leave me.

As soon as I finished taking a bath and fixing myself, I get back inside my car and started the engine. I was on my way through the hospital when I drove passed by Tanya’s neighborhood. I wasn’t planning on dropping by at her because I was so eager to see her already but something in my mind wants me to stop there. And so I did.