꧁•⊹٭𝙻𝚒𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎٭⊹•꧂

🌸

SHUICHI POV

My long fingers trailed across the line of books, eventually finding the book I had wanted. The library was one of my favourite places, ever since I was a kid. The sad thing was that Kokichi had some problems with his organization today, which meant he couldn't come. I don't think he would've wanted to join me here actually. I sat down on a chair in the corner, reading my book.

"Hey! Shumai!"

I turned to look in the direction that the voice came in, knowing that it was my lover, Kokichi. I smiled at him, and he responded with a bigger and brighter smile then mine.

"What are ya reading?"

He questioned me, as I showed him the cover of the book, accidently closing it, and losing the page I was up to. I sighed and mentally scolded myself as I reopened the book, flipping through each page, when Kokichi's finger latched onto a page I had gone past.

"This was the page you were up too, am I right? You need to actually check the page and not just assume, Shumai."

He spoke to me in such a teasing voice as my eyes widened. He had actually picked out the right page, but how?

Wasn't he like ten meters away? And he wasn't behind me either...

I shrugged of my curiosity and started to read again, when Kokichi suddenly began poking my ahoge repeatedly. I rolled my eyes and peered up at him.

"What is it now..."

I mumbled, knowing he obviously wanted my attention to be focused on him. I placed the book down and sighed, knowingly looking at him, waiting for him to tell me what he wanted next.

"I want cuddles Shumai!"

He beamed, smiling like a toddler who tried candy for the first time. I thought this was adorable, I wish I had taken a photo while I had time. I opened my arms, the Supreme Leader immediately jumped into my chest and enveloped me into a tight hug. I squirmed around as he loosened his grip, finally allowing my lungs to access air again. I gently combed my fingers through his entangled locks of hair and kissed his forehead lovingly. I loved him so much! He looked up at me, his gorgeous eyes gleaming from the sunlight the giant windows were letting into the quiet library.

"Shumai...Could I try reading...?"

His question shocked me half to death. He wanted to read!? I nodded and decided to answer his question.

"Sure love. Which books do you like?"

He looked away, blushing a little, as if he were embarrassed to read. I grabbed his chin, forcing him to look at me.

"Don't hide your face from me Koko...You know I don't like it when you do that!"

I pouted at him as he giggled a little. I hugged him tighter, but not as tight to hurt him.

"M-My favourite books are mystery novels..."

I hopped up from the seat, just to fall back down. I had forgotten that my lover was perched on my lap. This time, with more caution, I slowly stood up, carrying Kokichi over to the mystery novel section. The all-too-familiar feeling of the book covers gracing my fingers as I attempted to find the book that I knew Kokichi would love. I clutched the book between my long fingers and carefully removed it from the bookshelf. I wandered us back to the seat where we were before and sat down. He grabbed for the book as I soon handed it to him, his eyes looking over the book.

"Y'know...I've never liked reading. It's stupid."

He looked up at me, I panicked on the inside from humiliation, thinking he pranked me about wanting to read.

"SHUMAI!"

He whispered loudly in my ear, not wanting to get in trouble by the librarian, who was peacefully working at the counter, uninterrupted. I asked him what he wanted and waited for an answer.

"I can't believe you ignored me, Shumai! Such a meanie! Anyways, have you read this before? It seems like an emo like you would've read this before, and boring people always do boring things!"

He pondered as he flipped pages, skimming over the paragraphs on the rough pages. I rolled my eyes and sighed as I continued reading the book I had chosen when I had first gotten to the library. It was so silent between us. Not an awkward silence, a peaceful, comforting one. All you could hear was the light breathing and the turning of pages as our fingers repeatedly slid over the coarse texture of the pages. My book was a long mystery novel, my favourite genre. Kokichi seemed pretty invested in his book,  it was strange hearing him so quiet, it seemed as if he was never there in the first place.

Some time later, I checked my watch, just to see that we have been at the library for 4 hours. I tapped Kokichi's shoulder and told him that it was time to go back home.

"Shu...Why'd you interrupt me?? It was just getting into the good part!"

He complained to me as I picked him up carefully, teasing him about the fact that he was reading, as we returned the books to their original places and hopped in the car.

"Can we go here again sometime Shu?"

He eagerly asked as I nodded, obviously I wasn't gonna say no to that offer. We drove back home, talking about our books and teasing each other.

Word Count: 927

I didn't really know what to write for this one so bare with me-
Also thanks for all the reads and votes! Cya!