꧁•⊹٭𝚃𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚛! 𝙺𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚒 𝚡 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝! 𝚂𝚑𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚒٭⊹•꧂

🌸 

>Quick Disclaimer<
In this story, Monaca is nice,- And Shuichi and Kirigiri are childhood friends. Also, they are 22 years old, and the kids are only 5. Monaca's legs are actually disabled as well. I tried to include everyone mentioned in the actual chapters POVS. Btw I couldn't find a picture to put up there so have whatever that is.

!TW!
Family Issues
Mentions Trauma
Mentions Dead Bodies
kIsSinG (Ok I'll stop)

KOKICHI POV

"So, Nagisa. I heard you're getting a new caretaker?"

I looked at Nagisa, pitying the poor boy. He never had good parents. They would always force the youngling to work, days over days, sometimes hitting him to help him stay awake. That's his reason for being very smart at a young age.

I would always stay here with him in the afternoon, occupying him so he doesn't have to go back home.

"Mhm! I heard he's a boy, I hope he's nice!"

I smiled at the small boy. Even with all the despair he has been through during his life, he still had a glimpse of hope resting in his heart. I admired him for this, he was very strong for pulling through all the drama, especially as a child.

"Y'know, I'm gonna miss going here when I grow up. Will I ever see you again?"

"I mean, I could probably get in contact with your new caretaker, and could visit you once in a while..."

"I don't wanna leave this place..."

I comforted him as his tears threatened to fall from his eyes, tracing random designs on his back, listening to his troubles. I suddenly heard a knock on the door. I energetically got up from my seat, Nagisa following close behind me, and then opened the door.

There was a man with teal blue hair and a detective uniform standing at the door. He looked kinda sexy-

"Hello, Mr. Detective~ You here for something?"

He stared at me before handing me a few slips of paper. Adoption papers? Wha-

"Who are you?"

Nagisa was a little scared, as he was a detective. The poor boy probably thought that the man was here for something serious.

I hushed Nagisa as I pulled him infront of me, giving him a good view of the man.

"My apologies...I'm Shuichi Saihara. Nice to meet you."

I nodded at him and decided to introduce Nagisa and myself/

"I'm Kokichi Ouma, and this is Nagisa. Judging by the adoption papers, I'm guessing you're here for Nagisa?"

He nodded and shook the hand I held out to him. He had such a calming voice...

"Are you mean?"

"I promise I'm no-"

"You smell like coffee.

"Wha-"

"Nagisa, it's not ok to interrupt people y'know."

Nagisa muttered a small 'sorry' to me and the man before getting his bag. He peered up at me with teary eyes. I could tell he didn't want to go with a new parent, due to trust issues. I sighed and pat him on the head.

"You better take care of him."

Shuichi smiled at me, reassuring that everything was going to be fine. I held out my phone with my contacts open.