꧁•⊹٭𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕٭⊹•꧂

🥀

It's pride month for me so I made this!!!! Also, Ouma is transgender in this chapter (ftm, no top surgery), so if you don't like that then you probably shouldn't read! Also I realized I didn't do some angst in a while, so have this. This came out REALLY late, my apologies, I have a lot of exams and my mental health isn't doing its best. Also I've spent a lot of time gathering courage to tell my parents I'm transgender now-

!TW!
Unsafe binding
Panic attacks
Injuries

SHUICHI POV

I woke up to something shifting in my arms. Kokichi tossed and turned, whimpering loudly. I quickly shook him awake, and he opened his eyes with a pained groan.

"H-Huh? Why did you-"

He got cut off by a coughing fit. My eyes widened as I grabbed the water which was conveniently placed on the bedside table, opening his mouth and pouring it in. He swallowed some, yet spat the rest out because of his cough.

"Are you alright!? Are you sick!?"

He whimpered and flinched when I gently touched his back. I was started to get really worried...

"ITS A LIE!"

"Dammit Kokichi, you scared me! Please don't fake things like that!"

Kokichi brought a finger to his lips, smirking and laughing. I wasn't very impressed, but I know he had fun, so I guess its fine.

"Shumai!!! It's pride month!!! We should do something special to celebrate how gay we are!!"

I blushed at the statement.

"I completely forgot it was pride month..."

"I have an idea!!!! We should make our own flags!!"

I could tell Kokichi was really excited about this. Suddenly, Kokichi started coughing again, and once he finished he smirked at me.

"I'm guessing that you lied about the coughing being a lie?"

He laughed at me, his voice strained and raspy.

"Kokichi... Please tell me what's going on..."

He placed his hands behind his head and smiled.

"Shumai is so bad at detecting lies... Listen! If you do it at a random time, it makes peoples reactions so much better! They actually believe the lie, just like you! Silly Shumai..."

I believed him for a second, then remembered how shocked he looked, and how realistic it all was. Eventually, I realized that something must've been wrong with his chest.

"Kokichi, I know you are probably scared, but can you lift your shirt up? I think something is wrong with your chest..."

Ouma pouted, and I saw a glimpse of his scared expression as I inched my hand closer to him cautiously.

"Shumai, you know I was joking right? You actually think this was serious?"

"Koki, please just show me your chest, I won't stare, I'll just take a quick peek to see if something is wrong..."

He went silent, gently moving his arms to cover his chest. I slowly placed a hand on his cheek, rubbing my thumb across the smooth surface which was littered with faint freckles.

"Please...?"

"..."

Another wave of silence flooded the room as he stayed quiet, the only sounds being the quick breaths he was taking.

"Can you let me at least go to the bathroom to get changed first...?"

I was about to accept, and then I got pushed into a deep thought. Why would he want to get changed? All he would need to do is put his binder on, which I would have to take off anyways... Wait. I examined his chest, noticing the familiar flatness of it. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Did you sleep in your binder..?"

His eyes widened as he struggled to avoid eye contact. Removing my hand from his cheek, I delicately placed it under his chin, forcing him to look at me. Only then did I see the tears pricking at his eyes, begging to be freed, only being held back by Kokichi's pride.

"W-What makes you think that..? You aren't that g-good of a detective if that's what you think. I could just be sick!"

Taking a shallow breath, I stared him straight in the eye. His multicoloured orbs hesitantly peeked back, obviously noticing the stern look in my eyes.

"If you're really not wearing it, then lift up your shirt a bit. It seems unrealistic for your chest to suddenly be flat..."

He burst into tears, burying his face in his hands as he sobbed. I wrapped my arm around him, careful not to disturb his chest, and kissed him on his nose.

"Shhhh, its okay Kichi. I know its hard for you to go without your binder, but you need to let your chest breathe baby..."

He guiltily nodded as I combed my fingers through his soft purple hair, occasionally gifting him a kiss. His hiccups and sniffles brought out his cough again, and he started having another coughing fit. I reached my hand towards his chest and he harshly pulled back, putting an arm out to protect himself from my hand. I could see that he was actually starting to have a panic attack, so I had to stay calm to not alarm him. Showing him a warm smile, I held the defensive hand, caressing it with my thumb and kissing the fingers. He continued to cough, weakly extending an arm to grab the water on the table beside me. Locking our fingers together, now with both hands, I shuffled closer, sitting next to him and eventually handing him the water. Once he had taken a few sips, it seemed he had calmed down a bit more, so I decided to ask the question.

"Darling... Will you let me take it off..?"

With a shy nod as a response, I carefully took off his shirt and binder, earning a few loud sobs in the process and a few weak pushes. And after observing some red marks around his skin, I replaced his shirt with my soft, thick jumper which would effectively cover his chest. By then, his coughing was completely gone and he was snuggled adorably into my chest, his facial expression showing drowsiness, and tear-stained cheeks. Ouma was still sniffling, and I generously rewarded him with a tissue to blow his nose.

"Thank you Shuichi..."

For a moment, our lips connected, both of us savouring the intimacy. I could taste the excessive amount of panta he drank last night, the flavour practically stained onto his tongue. We separated after a while and I remembered something.

"Hey, remember what you said about making pride flags earlier? You were such a good boy, I think you deserve a reward for being so brave!"

Kokichi's eyes basically lit up, it was such a cute sight, and I could feel the blush rising onto my cheeks as I watched him get all excited.

"Yes yes yes!!!!! Lets go do it!!!!"

With a raspy voice, he cheered as he dragged me to the living room, gathering materials while I waited down on the couch. Heavy footsteps got louder and louder until the boy's small frame was positioned in front of me.

"Is my Shumai finally going to admit that he is bisexual?"

Grabbing a pen and colouring in the paper, I watched as the blue, purple and pink soaked into the paper. I smiled and confessed.

"Yeah, I guess I am..!"

Word Count: 1157
Sorry this came out so late! I'm super busy lately and I've been struggling with mental health issues. I do have a new oneshot hopefully coming soon, if motivation returns. I've written it all on paper, I just need to rewrite it here, and I think its really long to make up for my inactivity and laziness. Thanks for reading!