Chapter 31

Don't forget to vote!!

"Gray what are you doing?" I asked him when he placed a finger underneath my chin, making me look up at him.

He looked down at me with a small smirk on his face before he paused.

"How come I leave for a boring meeting and when it's finally over I find you on the phone with that guy?" He asked again.

"That guy?" I repeated his words, him nodding his head.

I moved his finger off of my chin before I spoke, "Grayson, if you and I were to even get serious you'd just have to accept the fact that Xavier's in my life as well. The kids know about him now and I'm not going to ruin what they have, they need him as much as they need me." I told him seriously.

He opened his mouth to respond but the sound of someone banging loudly on the door caught us both off guard. I quickly got up with my phone, walking out of the room.

"Arii, where are you going?" He called out. Before he could try and stop me I picked up some speed, now walking down the stairs.

I then let out a deep sigh when I made it to the door, "Man.. I'm out of shape."

"Axarii!" I heard him yelled out from upstairs.

"Just wait a second Grayson!" I yelled back before I opened the door only to find you know who... and he wasn't too happy.

"Oh.. it's you." I said while leaning on the doorframe, causing him to raise an eyebrow in questioning.

"Yeah.. it's me." He replied back, staring at me blankly.

"Are you okay? Did you need something?" I asked him slowly.

Instead of answering me he took a step forward, causing me to take a step back. "So you and Grayson huh? Can't say I'm that surprised." He spoke out.

"Umm no I'm here as his assistant, doing my job." I corrected him.

Sureee, so sleeping is you doing your job?

"Okay, why didn't you tell me you were coming then? I'm sure you knew that I'd be here." He asked, although the look on his face told me that he was sure I already knew about it.

"I don't know.. I guess it just slipped my mind. Besides, it's not like I have to tell you everything about my life. We're not together anymore in case you forgot." I added.

"Technically, we have to be separated for eighteen months before the divorce can even be officially filed." He stated. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at him. Is he being serious right now?

Before I knew it the door was closed and he was in front of me, his arms wrapped securely around me. I tried ignoring how good he felt. "Xavier.." I muttered out as I looked up at him.

"I'm tired.. I've had a long ass day." He spoke out. I found myself wrapping my arms around him, feeling how tense he was.

A small laugh escaped from me. "You need to learn how to not do everything at once." I told him.

He chuckled in response, "Let's not act like you didn't prepare the food for my sister's birthday the morning of a few years ago." He replied back, making me smack him in response.

"Xavier come help me! What was I thinking? Damnit we're gonna be late!" He mocked my words from that day.

He then pulled away, now staring at me seriously. "But seriously, do you like him?" He asked.

I sighed out, "I don't know Zay." I told him.

"Just know, I won't make things easy for you love." He said before placing a small kiss on my temple.