Chapter 6: Bruises

TW: Mentions of abuse.

George told his mum about the conversation he had with Dream. She agreed that Dream could stay there whenever he needed.

He headed upstairs to complete his homework but remembered that he did it at school with Dream. He waited for Dream to message him. It had been 20 minutes and Dream still hadn't sent him a text.

He laid on his bed scrolling through Twitter still waiting for Dream's text. Suddenly there was a knock at the front door that startled him. He ran out of his room and down the stairs to the front door. He peeked out of the peephole and saw Dream.

"Dream?" He said. Then he observed Dream. He wasn't the Dream George saw just 30 minutes ago. His face was bruised and he was shaking and crying. George opened the door immediately.

"DREAM!? Hey. Hey. What happened? Come in." George said and tried ti reach for Dream's hand but Dream flinched. George moved his hand away and stepped aside. He had tears forming in his eyes looking at the state of the boy he liked. Dream slowly stepped in and George closed and locked the door.

Dream sat on the couch. George got a glass of water and an ice pack for Dream while his mother came down with the first aid box.

Dream drank the water with his left hand. George's mum was bandaging his right hand because it was bleeding. George held the ice pack near Dream's eye.

"Are you better now? Can you tell us what happened?" George asked clearly panicking.

"M-My pa-parents." Dream said sobbing.

"It's okay honey. Stay here for the night. We won't want you to get hurt anymore." George's mum said. Dream nodded.

"I-I'm sorry for being a burden on you." Dream said quietly.

"You are not a burden Dream. Don't ever say that. Let's get you to bed okay?" George said. Dream nodded.

"I'll message Sapnap that I can't pick up my siblings tonight." Dream said.

"Yeah you do that. I'm sure they'll understand. I'll go make the bed." George said and went upstairs. Dream pulled out his phone to text Sapnap.

Hey Sapnap.

Is it okay if Chloe and Chris
stay at your place tonight?
I'm not able to pick them up
right now.

Sure dude. I've told you
that you guys are welcome
here anytime right? Anyways
are you okay? Is something
wrong?

Just my parents. It was the
worst this time. I ran all the
way to George's since I
wasn't that far away and
he said I could stay.

Okay. Just stay safe man.
I'll tell Chris to go to sleep.
Chloe is already asleep. We
can deal with them tomorrow.

You're right. I'm gonna go to
bed too. I'm exhausted. Good
night. Tell your parents I
apologized for the inconvenience.

Dude I'm happy that they are
both here. Even my parents want
you guys to move in with us.
Don't worry about it okay? It's
not an inconvenience it's an
honour honestly. Now go to sleep.
Good night.

Bye Sapnap.

Dream put his phone back in his pocket. He tried standing up and almost fell. He used the coffee table to balance himself on his feet. George came to the living room and approached Dream. He held his hand out for Dream to take. He didn't want to scare Dream. Dream took his hand and George supported Dream upstairs.

"The bed is yours. You need it. I'll be on the floor." George said and went over to the inflatable mattress and sat on it.

"I can sleep on the floor George. It's your house, your room, your bed. I won't need the bed. I'm happy that you are even letting me stay here." Dream said still standing against the doorframe. George shook his head.

"No Dream. You are hurt. You need the bed. Trust me just go to sleep on the bed. I'll be here if you need anything." George said refusing to leave the mattress.

"Thank you George." Dream said and sighed as he sat on the bed for the second time that night.

"Go to sleep. I can see that you're tired." George said. Dream laid down on the bed and hissed in pain as one of his back injuries hit the bed.

"Are you okay? Do you need anything?" George asked.

"No. Thank you though... Also I texted Sapnap. He said my siblings could stay. You both are honestly the best. I don't know what I would do without both of you." Dream said.

"It's not a problem Dream. I like helping people. I'm actually glad I could help." George said. Dream just hummed. He was tired.

Soon enough Dream was asleep snoring softly. His breathing was a lot more controlled compared to when he arrived. George was still awake looking at Dream. He looked peaceful.

George noticed Dream's peaceful expression turn into an uncomfortable one. He shook slightly and whimpered in his sleep. George thought Dream was having a nightmare. He went over to the bed and shook Dream's shoulder.

"Dream? Are you okay? Wake up Dream." George said in a soft and calm tone to not scare Dream even more. Dream suddenly screamed and shot up. He then whimpered in pain and held his head.

"N-Nightma-mare..." Dream said. He started crying again. He thought he looked weak and the thought of it made him cry even more.

"Hey it's okay I'm right here. Here have some water. Calm down. You're safe." George said. He grabbed the glass of water from the nightstand.

"Th-thank you." Dream said as he drank the water.

"Do you need anything else?" George asked.

"No but I'm scared. I can't fall back asleep." Dream sniffled.

"Okay just lay down and close your eyes. Don't think about anything bad. Think about the good things you have. Think about your siblings, think about Sapnap." George said. Dream laid down and George ran his hand through Dream's hair a couple of times. Soon Dream fell asleep again.
____________________
1012 words.

Sorry this is a bit late my dad was yelling at me so I had to leave it for a moment.

Remember that you are valid and loved. Also remember to eat, sleep and stay hydrated. Have a great day/night.