Chapter 44: Tennis

It was three days later and Eva was finally discharged from the hospital. Her arm was still not completely recovered but it was way better. The bullet hole had recovered almost all the way but it still hurt to move the arm or touch it.

She was going back home today. Dream, George and Sapnap came to visit her everyday. Even Quackity and Karl visited once with Sapnap. George once brought her a 'get well soon' card he spent all day on making. Eva was grateful.

She was ready to go home and sat in her mother's car as her friends waved her goodbye. After she left the hospital everyone went with Karl to the school ground for him to practise for the upcoming tennis competition.

Tomorrow will be Karl's first match in the tennis competition. Karl had been practicing really hard for it. Sapnap and Quackity have helped him a lot with training. He knew he was prepared to win but the nervousness was getting to him.

"What if I mess up? What if the opponent is better than me? What if I-" Karl rambled.

"Stop. No you're not gonna mess anything up. You have trained so hard without even a days rest. You will win the match AND the whole competition. I believe in you. And even if you don't win there will still be many other opportunities. Everyone knows how good of a player you are." Sapnap said. Quackity nodded from where he laid on the bleachers, drunk again. (It's like an indoor tennis court and the bleachers is just stairs without seats because the seats will be arranged tomorrow for the match. Hope this makes sense.)

"Its my dream to play for the country one day. I can't mess this up." Karl muttered. Sapnap hugged him.

"You won't. I've seen how you play. You can easily beat anyone if you set your mind to it. Don't think about losing. Just be optimistic and you'll win." George comforted Karl.

"YOU GOT THIS KARLOS!" Quackity yelled from the other side and started giggling.

"Quackity why are you even drunk right now? It's like- literally midday." Dream complained.

"MI VIDA MIS REGLAS!! (My life, my rules.)" Quackity chanted. George laughed while Dream facepalmed himself.

"Your boyfriend is an idiot." Dream said to Sapnap and Karl.

"He isn't, you're an idiot." Karl said jokingly.

"Nope. He's my idiot." George said.

"Ok, Ok. Enough. Back to practice." Karl giggled and picked up his tennis racket and went back to his side of the court.

"I'll start the ball thrower." Sapnap said and turned on the machine. A ball speeded towards Karl who hit it back towards the front.

"Good job! Continue what you're doing. I'll be with Quackity." Sapnap said and went over to Quackity. Karl continued his practice. Dream and George watched him. Well, George watched him. Dream watched George.

"Hey babe." Sapnap said as he laid down next to Quackity. Quackity turned over to them and giggled. He then moved his face to kiss Sapnap who welcomed the kiss but pulled away after a short while. "You're really drunk. I think you should sleep."

"I think so too. Cuddle?" Quackity asked. Sapnap nodded and cuddled up with him. Quackity soon fell asleep and Sapnap laid there watching Karl's practice.

Time Skip

It was 17th of October, Karl's first match. He was still nervous even after all the practice. Sapnap and Quackity were there to support him and so were Dream and George. His match was about to start in 30 minutes.

"I'm scared." Karl muttered.

"Don't be. You'll do great." Quackity said.

"Remember whatever you've practiced these couple of days. You will win." Sapnap said. Karl nodded. George came up to him and hugged him.

"You're the best tennis player I've ever seen. Don't let the nervousness get to you any more. You are going to win, I promise." George said.

"Yes Karl, and remember no matter how the match goes, you'll still be the best player. Believe in yourself." Dream said.

"Thank you guys. I'll try my best." Karl said. His name was called and he had to go to the court. He went out and shook hands with the other player. The whistle blew and the match started.

15 minutes into the match, the opponent had already won one set out of three. It was time for a short break and change of courts. Karl sat next to Sapnap and sighed.

"He's better than me. I can't win..." Karl said.

"You can. You absolutely can. Here's what you do. You tell yourself that you're playing against me." Sapnap said.

"I can't. And that won't help." Karl said.

"Okay, what was going through your mind when you played the first set?" Sapnap asked.

"I just thought about winning, but now I'm losing." Karl sighed.

"Don't pressurise yourself to win, just enjoy the game. Enjoy playing against him how you enjoy playing tennis in general. Don't think about win or loss, just be yourself." Sapnap said. Karl nodded and got up to play the second set.

This time it was different. Karl had a 7 point lead and could win the set if he scored two more points. And that's exactly what he did. He won the second set making the score 1-1. They had to again change courts and rest.

"I did it Sapnap!" Karl exclaimed. Sapnap smiled and nodded.

"Exactly! That's how you do when you don't pressurise yourself. Go do the same again and get the dub!" Sapnap cheered.

The last set began. It was a close competition. At the start Karl was trailing behind by 3 points but now he had a 1 point lead. He needed 4 points to win and the other boy needed 5.

Karl was focusing on victory again. However he realized it and took a couple deep breaths as he served the ball again. This time he relaxed his mind and concentrated on the game he was playing in the present moment rather than thinking and worrying about winning or losing in the future.

A couple minutes later, the crowd erupted in cheers as the game came to an end. The scores were really close, 15-12 to be exact... in Karl's favour! Yes, Karl had won!

Sapnap and Quackity ran into the court to hug their boyfriend. George ran down the bleachers as well, Dream following.

"Congratulations Karl! I knew you could do it!" George exclaimed and hugged Karl. "Let's celebrate this victory. Pizza party everyone!"
____________________
1088 words.

Karlnapity Chapter! Also I do love sports but I barely have any knowledge about tennis so if you think something is wrong then correct me.

Also sorry for the whole two minute late update.

Remember that you are valid and loved. Also remember to eat, sleep and stay hydrated. Have a great day/night!