Chapter 18: Rescue

TWs: Abuse (detailed), Police, Mentions of Hospital.

Chris and Chloe were walking in the school hallway. One of the teachers had told them that someone was here to pick them up early today. They thought George's mother had to go somewhere so she might've came early today.

when they reached outside the school building their eyes widened upon seeing their own dad, if they could call that monster as their dad. They tried running back into the school but their dad grabbed them.

"Hey kids." Their dad said with a fake smile on his face. They could see the rage in his eyes. They knew they weren't getting away now. They both got shoved in the car and their dad locked the door.

Soon they arrived back at their house. Chris was grabbed by their dad and thrown on the ground. Chloe tried to escape but couldn't as she was shaking badly thinking about what was about to happen. They were both dragged inside by their hair.

Inside the house was their mother. She just stood there smiling as her kids got dragged across the house. Their dad stopped when he reached his bedroom. Chris and Chloe both had tears streaming down their faces.

Their dad threw Chloe on the floor and put his foot on top of her so she couldn't escape. He punched Chris. Chris groaned loudly in pain and fell on his knees. His dad continued punching him in the face and stomach. With a particularly harder punch after many harsh punches, Chris lost consciousness. His face was full of blood and bruises.

The dad laughed like a maniac and pulled out his phone. He seemed to text someone. Then he turned to Chloe and pulled her up on her feet.

"Your brother better come here soon or you'll be dead." He said. Chloe shivered and tried to fight back. She pushed her dad and punched him but her dad didn't even move. Chloe was 12 after all.

"You think you're strong enough? Well you're not!" Her dad yelled. He slapped her across the face and threw her back on the floor. He left the room and locked the door from outside.

After a few minutes Chloe tried to get up. She knew she had to. She just couldn't. Her leg was injured somehow and it was bleeding. She crawled to her brother and shook him slightly. All she could do was cry. She was locked in a house with monsters and she was in danger.

She crawled to her parents' bed and ripped the bedsheet in half. She wrapped it around her leg like a bandage, applying pressure to stop the blood. She took the other half and cleaned her brother's wounds. She was still thinking about the ways they both could escape. Unfortunately the windows had grills leaving the only escape to be the door which was locked.

She tried standing up and with the support of the bed frame, stood up successfully. She went over to the nightstand where a pitcher stood, half filled with water. She grabbed it and drank a little water. She sprinkled some of the water on her brother's face. But he still didn't wake up.

"Chris please wake up... We have to save ourselves. We have to defend ourselves." She whispered.

After a long time Chris finally opened his eyes. He instantly groaned and winced in pain. Drista gave him some water and sat him up against the wall.

"He wants to hurt Dream. We can't let that happen. We also can't let ourselves get hurt anymore. I cleaned up your wounds. He said he will kill us if Dream didn't show up. And I know him, he is gonna show up. He can't see us in danger. We have to prepare to fight. We are going to help Dream in fighting them. So save whatever energy you have left. We will be needing it soon." Drista whispered. Chris nodded.

"C-Can I-I sleep for a b-bit? I can't s-s-stay like this for a-a long time. It f-feels like I'm d-dying." Chris said. Drista nodded.

"Don't talk too much. He punched you in the jaw. It's gonna hurt if you speak." She said and let him sleep.

It was two hours later when the door opened and Drista shook Chris awake.

"Chris the door just opened. We are in danger." She whispered. Suddenly a cop entered the room. Chris and Chloe both looked over. The cop slowly approached them. They saw someone else entering the room after the cop. It was Dream. They both smiled and Drista slowly stood up and limped over to Dream. Dream hugged her tightly but not too tight in case she was injured.

"Are you okay kids? Are you hurt?" The cop asked. They both nodded slowly. Dream helped Chris stand up and supported him to walk out of the room. When they got out of their parents' bedroom they saw the monsters themselves handcuffed and held down by two cops. On the entrance of their house stood George with his mother and a few more cops.

The other cops who were by the entrance ran over to Chris and Drista. They got taken to the hospital while Dream's parents got taken to jail. Dream hopped into George's mum's car along with George and his mother and they drove after the ambulance. Chris was taken to a room while Drista was given some basic first aid since she wasn't hurt as much. Just some cuts and bruises here and there.

"How did you do that Dream? Actually What did you do?" Drista asked. Dream smiled and looked over at George's mother.

"I did nothing Drista. It was all Mrs Davidson's idea." Dream said. Drista thanked her.

"Hey. Can I have someone to fill out Chris' information at the front desk?" A nurse said to them. George's mum went up to the front desk to fill out the forms.

"How did you guys manage that? I wanna know." Drista asked.

"I got a text from dad saying you both were with him. I knew he was gonna hurt you. I showed it to George and his mother. George comforted me while his mother drove us to the police station. We filed a report of child abuse against our parents. Then we asked the police to come with us. I entered the house while the cops waited outside. Dad instantly grabbed me. Then the cops entered and handcuffed them. I went upstairs with a cop to check for you guys. The cop opened our parents' bedroom door and I followed him. Dad will be spending the rest of his life in jail while mom's sentence is of 30 years but it might be increased." Dream explained. Drista smiled brightly at him and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you. Thanks all of you. He threatened to kill us. We were so scared Dream. Chris literally almost died there. He was unconscious for so long." Drista said. George got up and sat next to her. He hugged her and rubbed her back comfortingly.

"We are glad you're okay Drista. You're like a sister to me. I could never watch my sister getting hurt. I tried my best to help." George said. "My own sister hates me apparently so it's nice to have you as a sister. I love you."

"You love my brother more." Drista giggled. George blushed and looked at Dream.

"I do!" He said while maintaining eye contact with his boyfriend. He looked back down at Drista. "But that's different. I love you as my sister."

"I love you too. I love all my brothers." Drista replied.

"Excuse me. Chris wants to meet you guys. He will be in room number 104, right by the elevator." A nurse told them. They all got up and went to room 104.

Chris laid in the hospital bed holding an ice pack near his face. He saw his siblings and George enter his room and smiled at them. They all smiled back.

"Hey bud. How are you feeling now?" Dream asked.

"I feel better. They put some ointment on my bruises and bandaged up the cuts. My face hurts if I even move a muscle." Chris mumbled slowly.

"Don't talk for a while. You're hurt. Speaking will only give you more pain. Go to sleep if you need. We will stay here however long it takes for you to go home. And our parents will NEVER hurt us again." Dream said. Chris nodded and closed his eyes with a smile. Dream took the ice pack from him and held it on Chris' face for him.
____________________
1445 words.

Didn't knew what exactly to write as I'm not from the US and I know nothing about child abuse laws there.

Remember that you are valid and loved. Also remember to eat, sleep and stay hydrated. Have a great day/night.