Chapter 39: Storytime at Dinner

TW: Homophobia (F-slur) at the VERY end of the chapter.

They went downstairs and sat on the dining table together. Clara joined them a minute later. Mrs Davidson served dinner to everyone and sat down with her plate as well.

"So Clara, how's life?" Dream asked with a smile.

"Um, better but also not as great. After I moved out I started working at Subway but they fired me. Then I worked at an ice cream parlor. It was a good job. I even met Rick there, my now ex boyfriend. I got a better job offer from an elementary school as a teacher. I just quit that because I had to move back. I missed you guys so much and even though I had a roommate I felt lonely." Clara said.

"Wait you and Rick broke up?" Chris asked.

"Yeah, that was like... 2 months ago I think. It wasn't anything horrible. We both fell out of love and wished each other well. We're still on good terms. We still talk sometimes as friends. Apparently he got another girlfriend like last week!" Clara said.

"You know when Karl told me about Quackity I thought he was gonna break up with me. I got so scared and sad at that moment. But he told me he would never do something like that and I believe him. I love him, and Quackity too." Sapnap told.

"Oh yeah, how did you guys meet Quackity?" Clara asked.

"Long story. So it's the day these idiots started dating. We went to some place Dream took us to. Sapnap was out of town so I was alone and bored and I went with them. I was making flower crowns with Drista when Quackity came up and sat besides us. I thought I had seen him somewhere but I couldn't remember where. Turns out he's in the same school as us. We talked for a while and then Dream and George told us they were dating. Then they went over to Chris and Drista left too to go with them. Then Quackity kissed me. I didn't kiss back as I thought that'd be cheating on Sapnap but I liked the kiss. Quackity requested me to ask Sapnap if he is fine with polyamorous relationships. Honestly, I was scared to ask him that and I didn't know how to talk about it. Somehow I did, and now we're here." Karl said. Sapnap side hugged him since they were sat on the dining table and kissed his cheek.

"Cool! So Dream and George, how did things go with you guys?" Clara asked.

"Dream joined our school like a month ago I think and he was talking to Karl and Sapnap when I got to school that day. We talked a lot, I even invited him to dinner! Then uh... Dream was abused by his parents and he lived with me since then. Drista and Chris lived with me too. And in the first week we met we almost kissed like three times but one of us chickened out of it. We knew we wanted it, but we weren't sure if the other person wanted it. Then Dream took us to the place Karl mentioned. We both climbed onto the giant willow tree and sat next to each other. Then I got scared by a noise and kinda jumped over Dream. That was when we had our first kiss, and we decided to be boyfriends. It was quite literally love at first sight but we we're both idiots." George chuckled. Clara nodded.

"Even I didn't know this story." Mrs Davidson said. George chuckled awkwardly.

"Clara can you share some more stories?" Drista asked as she took a bite out of her food.

"Sure! Umm... so here's a cool and funny story. This was when I was working at Subway. My roommate, Maya, was still in college. It was the last semester and her exams were really close. She was way too caught up with work and other things to study. As the result, she failed. When she got her results via email, she was panicking really badly about how her mother would react. I tried calming her down and told her to make a fake report card. She liked my idea and made a very believable fake report card. A few days later her mom came over. She showed her the report card she made and her mom furrowed her eyebrows. She didn't even congratulate her or anything. We were both confused by this. Then her mom told her that she has her college account logged onto her phone and she already knew about the result. Maya started crying, fortunately her mom wasn't mad and understood her struggles with studies and work. She comforted Maya and it was all fine at the end. But it was hilarious when she got caught in 4k." Clara laughed as she finished her story. Everyone else laughed along with her.

"Did she graduate after that or not?" Dream asked while wheezing.

"She tried again and finally graduated. Her mom was so happy and so was I. She now has a really good job at a tech company. The company is owned by Jimmy Donaldson, the rich businessman." Clara said.

"Oh! Jimmy Donaldson! My parents work in one of his companies as well! He's a great person." Karl exclaimed.

"That's amazing Karl!... Well now let's eat quickly. We have been here for a long time already." Clara said.

"Right. Uh mom can I have more mashed potatoes?" Dream said.

"Sure honey. Give me your plate, I'll go get it for you." Mrs Davidson said as she extended her hand to reach for Dream's plate. She went over to the kitchen counter and served some mashed potatoes for Dream and returned with the plate.

"Thank you mom!" Dream said and continued eating.

When they were done eating, Karl and Sapnap left to go home. George and Dream were doing the dishes together and Chris was cleaning the dining table, even though Mrs Davidson had insisted on doing it herself.

Suddenly George's phone pinged from where it rested on the counter. He quickly finished doing the dishes and went over to his phone. An unknown number had texted him.

Hey George. It's me, your
father. I just wanted you to
know how disappointed I am
in you. All I wanted was a
normal son. But I got you,
a useless, pathetic faggot.
You're a disgrace to my
family and this society. I
hate you more than anything.
Anyways, I was texting you
to let you know I'm coming to
America. See you soon. You
should kill yourself or I'll do
it for you when I'm there.
_____________________
1110 words.

Cliffhanger (kinda). Hope you enjoy the chapter.

It's MCC day! I have hijacked every single device in my home so that I can watch all of the povs! I'm a genius B)

Remember that you are valid and loved. Also remember to eat, sleep and stay hydrated. Have a great day/night!