02.

EDEN DIDN'T HAVE a great view sitting in the chariot that was about waist, chest high? She didn't know. She just didn't want to be flying.

She hated flying. She knew it was because of Zeus, because she could be on pegasi just fine. She liked horsies. But there was something about literally any other mode of air transportation, like this chariot, that made her just want to puke out the back.

Course, she couldn't do that. Big football player Jason, apparently his name was, not sock guy, which was really a shame, was basically taking up the entire back, and Eden guessed that he wouldn't like being thrown up on. That made her want to do it more.

Eden shivered. The scrawny guy — Leo — looked down at her. "Will I fall off if I sit down?"

"Not with Football Player over there." Eden cocked her head over at Perfect Jason. "You'll be fine."

He hesitated for just a second before sitting down next to her. He was warm. Really, really warm. "Holy shit, how are you so warm?" Eden decided to wrap herself around him. He stiffened, and she leaned in to whisper. "I'm mega fucking gay."

"Oh." Leo nodded. "Same. Ish."

Eden clung onto the really warm dude tighter. Thank the gods. She needed someone else to gush to. Clarisse, Connor, and Travis didn't get it. Straight people. My god.

Dream Girl looked down at her and frowned. "Are you two okay down there?"

"No, but we're gay, so we're never okay," Eden said just as a pegasus feather flew into Leo's mouth and he started coughing violently. "See?"

Leo coughed out the last of the feather in his mouth. "Where are we going?" He asked. "Do they have cough drops where we're going?"

"We're going to the only safe place for people like us," Annabeth said as if she was reading it off of a clipboard — which Eden remembered her doing at times. "Camp Half-Blood."

"Half-Blood?" Dream Girl let out a mocking laugh. "Is that your idea of a sick joke?"

"She means we're demigods," Perfect Jason corrected. "Half mortal, half god."

Half mortal, half god, they were. Eden always felt as if she was more of a god than a mortal. But she would never be one or the other, unless she did some real heroic shit to be a god. Or some real bad shit to be turned into a mortal.

Annabeth looked back at Perfect Jason, who now to think of it, looked a hella lot like Annabeth. "You seem to know a lot, Jason. But, yes, demigods. My mom is Athena, goddess of wisdom. Eden's the daughter of Poseidon, god of the sea. Butch here is the son of Iris, the rainbow goddess."

Leo choked again as if he'd swallowed another feather. "Your mom is a rainbow goddess?"

"Got a problem with that?" Butch said.

"No, no," Leo said. "Rainbows. Very macho."

Eden was snickering, hiding it in Leo's shoulder.

"Butch is our best equestrian," Annabeth said. "He gets along great with the pegasi. Eden would, if she tried."

"I'm perfectly fine with my ability to hear these horsies in my head," Eden rolled her eyes. "I don't need to have a business partner relationship with horsies."

"Rainbows, ponies," Leo muttered, turning to Eden, who snickered louder. "Why don't you want to be a gay horse person?"

"Can't steal people's titles now, can I?" Eden rested her chin on his shoulder. "Especially little bitch boy's."