41.

EDEN WAS FUCKED.

One thing she didn't want was an angry Piper in her cabin, ever.

What did she get? An angry Piper in her cabin.

"It's after curfew!" She snapped, and Eden would've yawned if she was seriously drunk. "What the hell are you doing?"

"I was with Travis, it was nothing dire or anything," Eden rolled her eyes. "God, you're such a stickler for the rules. You're becoming like Perfect Jason now."

Kaleidoscope frowned deeper at the nickname. "Why do you always call him that? You barely see him anymore."

"I see him . . . around," Eden finished lamely. "You know why I call him that. Doesn't everyone look at him and just think golden god, perfection, son of a bitch? Because he wants to look like it."

"He doesn't try! It's just that his father, and who he is, pressures him."

"Dude, I thought I was the chosen one in a prophecy," Eden snapped. "Does he have an excuse? I really don't think so. Anyway, it's fine. I was just watching Katie reject Travis again. She seemed to be coming around, though."

Kaleidoscope flopped down on Eden's bed. "Good for her. She so likes him."

"Mhm," Eden murmured, closing her eyes and sighing from her vanity. God, she was such a mess. For once, her fingers didn't feel as if she had to move them every second. Which was strange for her, considering her ADHD made her able to be able to sense the hum of a blade coming toward her, an enemy running at her, her muscles tingling as if they wanted to be in a fight at almost any moment.

But for once? It was quiet enough. Enough for it to be weird. But enough for it to be comfortable with, in this moment of serenity.

"Eden?"

She opened her eyes, continuing to take off her makeup. "Sorry, what?"

"You've been more distant lately," Kaleidoscope noted. "I'm worried about you."

Yeah, because I'm in love with you. Eden thought bitterly.

"I'm fine," she said, though she totally was not convincing. "Just . . . tired."

Kaleidoscope softened as she looked over at her. "I know. C'mere, let's sleep."

Eden could never deny her of anything. She got up from her spot and sauntered over to where Kaleidoscope was on her bed, flopping down and pulling a stuffed animal to her, groaning.

"You're not changing?" Kaleidoscope giggled.

"Too fucking lazy to," Eden curled up with her stuffed animal, closing her eyes. She was so, so tired, but she didn't want to sleep, in fear of the nightmares—

"Don't have any bad dreams, Eden," Kaleidoscope said, and Eden could just sense the charmspeak. Nonetheless, she curled up in her bed. No bad dreams went to mind. "Go to sleep for a night, Eden."

Involuntarily, her eyes closed, and she fell asleep.

* * *

When Eden woke up, she was alone. As per usual.

Eden groaned and sat up. What time was it? What the fuck had happened?

She looked over and saw that it was three pm. Her eyes widened. She'd been asleep for that long?

Guess the charmspeak worked, then. Eden hoped that it would work out, because she couldn't stop her addiction to Piper McLean's voice.

Anyway, Eden rolled herself out of her bed with a lump of blankets on the ground, untangling her way out and going to take a much needed shower.