65.

EDEN HAD BEEN in too many fights to count.

Too many battles. She'd even fought in a couple of arenas, but nothing like this. In the huge Colosseum, with thousands of cheering ghosts, the god Dionysus staring down at her, and the two twelve-foot giants looming over her, Eden felt as small and insignificant as a bug. She also felt very angry.

Fighting giants was one thing. Dionysus making it into a game was something else.

Eden knew this would happen. She knew it, deep in her gut.

That didn't mean that she had to like it.

"You were right," a voice said, next to her, and Eden nearly jolted at her brother, who was suddenly next to her. "About what you said. About him."

Then she knew who he was talking about. Oh.

Well, at least he acknowledged it. Even if it was slightly too late.

She was about to say something to him when Burnt Hawaiian Pizza and Princess Prima Ballerina attacked. Together, the giants picked up a fake mountain as big as Eden's ego, maybe smaller, and hurled it at the demigods.

Eden and the boys bolted. They dove together into the nearest trench and the mountain shattered above them, spraying them with plaster shrapnel. It wasn't deadly, but it stung like crazy.

The crowd jeered and shouted for blood. "Fight! Fight!"

"I'll take Otis again?" Perfect Jason called over the noise. "Or do one of you want him this time?"

"We attack together," Percy said. "Otis first, because he's weaker. Take him out quickly and move to Ephialtes. Bronze and gold together, and whatever you're using, Eden — maybe that'll keep them from re-forming a little longer."

Perfect Jason smiled dryly. It looked stupid on him.

"Why not?" he agreed. "But Ephialtes isn't going to stand there and wait while we kill his brother. Unless—"

"Good wind today," Percy offered. "And there're some water pipes running under the arena. And we have the most skilled swordsman on our team."

Perfect Jason understood immediately. He laughed.

"Your humor is so broken," Eden shook her head. "But fine. As long as arson can happen."

"On three?" Perfect Jason said.

"Why wait?" Percy shrugged.

They charged out of the trench. As Eden suspected, because she was a genius, the twins had lifted another plaster mountain and were waiting for a clear shot. The giants raised it above their heads, preparing to throw, and Percy caused a water pipe to burst at their feet, shaking the floor. Perfect Jason sent a blast of wind against Burnt Hawaiian Pizza's chest. The purple-haired giant toppled backward and Princess Prima Ballerina lost his grip on the mountain, which promptly collapsed on top of his brother. Only Burnt Hawaiian Pizza's snake feet stuck out, darting their heads around, as if wondering where the rest of their body had gone.

The crowd roared with approval, but Eden suspected Burnt Hawaiian Pizza was only stunned. They had a few seconds at best.

"Hey, Prima Ballerina!" she shouted. "The Nutcracker fucking sucks ass!"

"Ahhhhh!" Princess Prima Ballerina snatched up his spear and threw, but he was too angry to aim straight. Eden deflected it over her head and into the lake with a giant ass sword.

The demigods backed toward the water, shouting insults about ballet — which was kind of a challenge, as Eden didn't know much about it, but she so carried the boys because of curse words.