37.

THAT WAS ALL well and dandy, but now Eden was pulling her mask over her face — one inspired by some art that she had seen when she went to Rachel's house.

God, that girl was hot. And so was her mansion. Those two reasons — along with the fact that, one, they'd had sex in said mansion, and two, Rachel was actually nice — were why they didn't completely ruin her parents' careers.

Anyway, they were going to the car to finally go and burn down that skyscraper because now they desperately needed money for the shit they were doing ( it was for a good cause! Big companies are shit anyway ) when a voice called out, "Hey! Who is that!"

Kaleidoscope's voice. Eden cursed herself in her head. Shit. Wouldn't she be outside Perfect Jason's cabin, like she was literally every other night? Eden and Connor and Travis would use them as a distraction when they were sick of making plans. It wasn't their forte, but they made it work.

"Go," she said under her breath.

"What?" Travis muttered.

"I'll report you to Chiron!" Kaleidoscope called.

"Snitches get stitches," Eden smirked, looking at her bestest friends in the entire fucking world, except for Thals and Rachel. "She won't out me. She'll let me go. Promise."

"How do you know this shit?" Travis wondered.

"Dude, they went on a quest together," Connor pulled Travis along. "And she's a little bit smart. Come on."

Eden went to scoff, but then her mask was pulled off.

"Eden?" Kaleidoscope asked, incredulous.

"My cabin is right there," Eden pointed over to her really fucking sad cabin. God, she really needed to renovate that piece of shit. "Or did you forget?"

"I didn't," Kaleidoscope clearly lied. Eden wanted to snort, but then she sprung her with: "why do you have the mask?"

Typical. Kaleidoscope was too predictable. It was almost too easy.

"It's a gift from a god," Eden shrugged. Gods had given her shit because she was, well, Eden Achilles-Fairchild. She was the only reason why they were all alive. How could they not? "Wear it for good luck."

Kaleidoscope frowned. "Why?"

"Rachel made it for me." Eden said, staring at the mask. "Or, at least, her parents bought some art that I loosely inspired it on. It was the one good piece they decided on."

"Why would you know what art her parents buy?"

"Cause I went to her house last summer," Eden rolled her eyes. "The art doesn't look like hers. And I'd stayed there overnight because of . . . well, reasons." She glanced at the girl in front of her. "Reasons that you wouldn't like to hear."

Kaleidoscope gaped at her before clearing her throat and saying, "I'm sorry for what I said back on Pikes Peak. It seemed really bad—"

"You think?"

"I'm trying to say sorry, Eden."

"Try again when you have a better apology." Eden put the mask on, heading in the direction of the car. "I'm gonna go, I have some errands to do."

"Are you sure?" Kaleidoscope asked her. "You sure it isn't just your insomnia?"

Eden froze. Why was this girl so obsessed with her sleep schedule?

"It's not," Eden said to her. "I'm visiting my mom. That's a nightmare in itself."

Before Kaleidoscope could say more, Eden ran the fuck away from there. She didn't need to be distracted from there on out. Even if she'd think of her mom the entire car ride because it's one of the most plausible lies that she could make.