07.

ALL NIGHTERS WAS one thing that Eden understood well. Too well, in fact. But we're not going to dwell on that, are we?

Normally Connor stays over. He hadn't for the past three days, cause she'd fallen asleep, and he has cabin duties, but normally he stays, and Eden appreciates him a lot for it. He genuinely enjoys committing crimes and staying up late too, so there's that.

"Did you clean up?" Connor asked, sounding too impressed for his own good.

"Haha," Eden rolled her eyes. "Haven't been thrashing while I sleep, so. I guess it looks alright now."

"I meant to ask you," Connor jumped into her pile of stuffed animals, and she started removing her makeup. "How'd you sleep the past three days?"

Normally, you never sleep for more than an hour. Thanks, bestie.

"It's her." Eden went to change into something way comfier. "It's always the Aphrodite kids."

"Isn't it?" Connor's voice carried over to her, in her bathroom. They'd installed it there because of her insomnia. "The new one?"

Eden left the bathroom and threw her old clothes on him. "Yeah. She has charmspeak. Charmspoke me into sleeping."

Connor frowned. "Don't you hate charmspeak?"

"I don't hate it," Eden protested, then sighed. "It just . . . it reminds me too much of her. And I don't want to deal with that shit."

"Maybe you should," Connor reclined in his fucking teddy bears and shit.

"I remember her every time I look at something that vaguely resembles who she was. Every time I hear a voice that semi sounds like her. Chocolate and perfume remind me of her. I just want to forget. Besides, my morals are all mixed up."

"We can't have that," Connor rolled his eyes at her.

"Yeah, whatever," Eden sat down near him. "So, what we doing tonight?"

Eden and Connor were simply listening to music and vibing when she heard screaming and immediately tensed up, grabbing a shortsword immediately.

"The fuck is happening out there?" she grumbled.

Connor groaned and stood his old joints up. "So, E, you up for another quest?"

Eden went around her cabin, complaining and throwing shit at Connor's face, because throwing things was a specialty of  hers. Just look at the javelins and throwing knives and throwing stars. It was literally in the name. After she threw a bunch of shit at him, she deemed it acceptable and went in her bathroom to change.

"Why the fuck do you have so much stuff?" Connor complained as she opened the door to grab her makeup and a leather jacket to throw on top of her dress.

"I haven't been able to prepare for quests in the past, y'know," Eden called, lathering shit on her face. "Now I get to, it seems fitting."

Connor grumbled. "Hey, did you get my extra makeup?"

He groaned, and she giggled. "Just get ready. And find your fucking thermos for me. That thing's the shit."

"God, you think I don't know?" Eden laughed. "Just pack for me, you lazy shit."

When they were actually ready, ( and damn, it took a fucking while ) they went outside to see the bronze dragon and Perfect Jason, Dream Girl, Comedic Relief, and Annie Bell asking about Eden. Damn. Were they waiting that long? Connor looked sideways at Eden who shrugged before pulling him over to where they were.