69.

"PLEASE GET ME out of here, I don't want to be stuck here with fucking Perfect Jason," Eden muttered.

"Hey!" He protested, but he knew that she didn't really hate him. At least not as much as she did the gods, but she couldn't hate anybody more than the gods.

Well, besides her mother. But that wasn't the point.

She at least didn't hate him as much as she did her brother. Which isn't really a hard standard to reach.

Besides, he was dating her best friend, Eden had to be not that mean to him. Sometimes.

"Do any of your weapons work?" Perfect Jason asked her.

"I'm fucking trying, aren't I?" Eden slashed the ropes with her fucking tiny ass knife, changing it into her rings and back again, but the material couldn't break. Wouldn't break.

"This is useless!" Eden snapped, throwing her knife on the ground.

"Hey, we'll get out of this," Perfect Jason's face looked purple from being upside down for that long. "I'll get you out of here, and back to Piper."

Eden slumped at the mention of her girlfriend's name. "I just . . . I'm tired. August first isn't until forever. I just want to be done. I want to move to Alaska so I don't anger the gods more, even though they did everything horrible to me, and they won't help me. I just want for her to be safe. And if they don't give me immortality, I just want her safety."

She looked over at Perfect Jason. "You understand, don't you? You've been one of them ever since you were a toddler. So Thals's story."

"I know," Perfect Jason said. "More than most people. I've felt everything you're saying. But right now, we gotta get out, alright? So I can get back to Leo, and you can get back to Piper."

"Yeah, yeah. At least you care for him," Eden pursed her lips. Her knife was on the ground. No other weapon. Her teeth wouldn't work if diamond wouldn't work. "You love him."

Care. Love.

Dad, if you've ever cared for me, Eden thought. Let us go. And if you haven't, then do it anyway, or else you're gonna die, with all of the gods, because we pathetically died here of too much blood rush to the head or suffocation.

Eden waited. And waited.

And then the ropes got off of them. Eden landed on her feet. Perfect Jason landed on his head, and she snickered at him. Gee, thanks, dad.

"Here," she handed him ambrosia that was in her pocket. Then she looked around for any sign of Leo. "God, where the fuck could that naughty imp boy be?"

Then the popping noises erupted. Eden then saw smoke.

"That's your man," she looked over at Perfect Jason. "So. Flashy or boring?"

Eden hated flying, but she'd given Perfect Jason the chance to be flashy. She hated him in general. And his powers. But for the flashiness, she would allow his arm around her, the thunder, and the lightning, turning the bars on the window into sizzling, melted stubs of iron.

Leo whistled appreciatively. "Babe, you just wasted an awesome entrance."

Perfect Jason frowned. He noticed the hog-tied Kerkopes that Eden had obviously seen before he had. "What the—"

"All by myself," Leo said. "I'm special that way. How did you find me?"

"Uh, the smoke," Perfect Jason managed. "And I heard popping noises. Were you having a gunfight in here?"