Lean In

"Of course you're still the team captain

"Of course you're still the team captain. You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?" Stiles said as he, Scott, and Will walked towards the lacrosse field; Will and Stiles on either side of Scott as he panicked about being team captain.

"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at tryouts today." Scott said and Will sighed, shaking his head slightly. "We got bigger things to deal with anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?"

Scott winced slightly, turning to Will. "I texted him but he didn't get back to me." Stiles' jaw dropped at Scott's words, rubbing his eyes before looking at Scott with a 'really?' look. "You told him his sister came back from the dead over a text?"

"I didn't have the money to call France. You could've done it." Scott yelled defensively, turning to Will at his last sentence, making the Saticoy straighten up at the blame being put on him. "What?" Will yelled and Stiles moved to the other side of Scott to put a hand to Will's chest, pushing him back slightly as he pointed at Scott. "Don't blame Will. Plus, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House."

Will sighed at Stiles' words, turning to him with a saddened expression. "Another notice?" Stiles sighed, turning to Will and nodding. "Yeah, this one said, 'Final.' Now, what the hell are we even doing here anyway? We got like a 117 million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them."

Scott sighed, turning to the field, his eyes instantly going wide. "It is now." He whispered. Will and Stiles turned to the field to see what Scott was walking about, their eyes falling on a boy in the goal, catching almost every ball.

"Who the hell is that?" Will whisper yelled as the boy took off his helmet, revealing a freshman the three had never seen before.

"Nice, Liam. You might just be our first ever freshman captain." A voice yelled from the field, making their eyes go wide. Stiles gulped, nodding his head. "Okay, maybe we should just practice a little bit."

Scott and Will instantly nodded. "You're right." Scott whispered. "Go. Go. Go!" Will whisper yelled, pushing Stiles and Scott towards the field to practise.

...

After practicing for about half an hour, everyone on the field headed back to the locker rooms to get cleaned up before class started. Once they were done, Will, Scott and Stiles circled Liam who still stood at his own locker. "Hey, Liam. You want to explain what that was out there?" Stiles asked from beside Will as Scott stood on the other side of Liam.

"What do you mean?" The boy asked and Stiles' nose scrunched slightly. "That little display. Your little circus act." Liam squinted, looking at Stiles confused. "What circus act?"

Will rolled his eyes, leaning it o the lockers beside him. "You caught every shot." Liam turned to Will, more confused then before. "I was in goal. Aren't you the teams goalie? You know what your job is, right?"